Followers

Sunday 7 July 2019

Beccy's Place - Painted Blooms

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your weekend? We had a nice lazy day on Saturday. My husband had a lovely time away and he did stay up very later so a lazy day was just right for him.  Today we are heading off to the Craft Show at Newbury Racecourse.

I am one of the blog contributors for Beccy's Place. I was sent the beautiful Painted Blooms digital stamp set to use. I made three cards.


I did love these images as soon as I saw them. For the card I wanted a matching backing paper so I made my own. I used Publisher and created a background. Then I repeated a small version of the image over and over to create a row. Which I then copied and pasted down the document. It really didn't take too long and the paper matches exactly. The main image was printed twice I used the pre-coloured images. I used one of the images as a base then I cut the petals and leaves and shaped them to give dimension. The whole image was sprayed with a glaze and Glossy Accents was added to the centre of the flowers. I used the Double Pierced Circle dies from Creative Expressions to cut the frame for the image. 


This is the Painted Blooms digital image set. It is available HERE. 


For this card I made the backing paper in the same way. The circles are from the middle of the frame from the first card. I added a corner die cut. 


You know that I like making cards from Snippets. Well I have quite a few bits of the backing paper left over. So I cut them into strips along with some gold mirror card. The sentiment was mounted onto the Refined Rectangles frame. 


Here are the cards together. I was pleased with how they turned out. It is a very pretty set of images to use. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

31 comments:

Janette said...

Beautiful cards Jackie, love the matching backgrounds too.
Have a lovely day.x

Wendy L said...

All very beautiful Jackie, enjoy your day, xxx

karin said...

Jackie, I have just one word for all these superbe creations : AMAZING!
So great you have made that background paper, it are like little paintings!
Karin,
Xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! These are amazing, Jackie! I love the different techniques you have used, and the pretty colors! hugs, de

Carole J said...

These are stunning cards, Jackie! I love how you made your own paper to match the focal image. Beautiful colours too!

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous Jackie, love the gorgeous designs.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Your floral cards are so beautiful! Love them!

pam said...

Stunning cards you created Jackie..
Hugs Pam x

Littlelamb said...

Stunning cards Jackie. Good to meet up with you today. You must have had a safe journey home. I was lucky. Took Granddaughter home and she wanted me to go in so then was invited to have dinner. So haven’t had to cook tonight.

karenlotty said...

Lovely cards and making matching backgrounds is so clever

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Pretty flowers, love the die cuts and that lace in the background

ALI said...

Lovely cards, great deigns x

Joy Wilson said...

Gorgeous card and layout! I love the lace accents! Thanks for sharing with and good luck with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

Herbaholic said...

Gorgeous cards Jackie :) I hope you had a fabulous day at Newberry and got some lovely new goodies? :) The Poppy card is my favourite, the images are so vibrant and colourful, what is the glaze spray you used? I love how you've created your own backgrounds.
Love & hugs - Debs xxx

Kathy said...

Your cards show off the lovely flower designs perfectly, Jackie

Kathy said...

Your cards show off the lovely flower designs perfectly, Jackie

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Fabulous array of designs Jackie.... you've been very busy!

June x

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are all beautiful, Jackie xoxo

Tracy Welham said...

Really stunning cards, Jackie. They top one is my favourite. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Paper and Stuff said...

Beautiful cards, Jackie and love the background papers you've made! xx

Stamping Bubbles said...

A beautiful set of cards Jackie, this is a beautiful stamp set.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

sandy's crafty bits said...

hi Jackie … wow you have certainly been a busy bee … love all the cards … and the handmade background papers are super … hope you had a great time at the craft show … did you get lots of bits … I am sure you needed them lol … the wedding stationery is still a work in progress you know all about that don't you ?? … hope we can meet up sometime somewhere soon … enjoy the sunshine … happy crafting and love sandy xx

KIT Cbe said...


Nice Article!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

Emma Goddard said...

Amazing makes hun, beautiful xx

Alizabethy said...

Hope you had a great time at Newbury and came back with some goodies!

Katie said...

Stunning cards

Ewelina Nowak said...

Wow !! Very, very beautiful work
Hugs xx

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Your cards are gorgeous! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. We hope to see you next time too!
Blessings, Jeanie
DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com


Catrin Goodwin said...

Gorgeous Cards I really love the poppy one, it's one of my favourite flowers - thank you for joining us at LPCF - Good Luck Cat

Janice said...

Beautiful floral cards Jackie.
Janice x

KathyA. said...

Amazing cards, Jackie. Love how you paired the beautiful stamped images with so many different items- patterned, lace, diecuts and even some bling. Love them.