Followers

Monday 29 July 2019

Piece by Piece die set from Die-Cutting Essentials magazine

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How was your weekend? My mother-in-law came out of hospital last Friday. On Saturday we visited and did lots of jobs around the house to help.  On Sunday went to Mottisfont. While we were there we got the message that my mother-in-law had been taken back into hospital. So there will be more hospital visiting this week.

I treated myself to Issue 54 of Die-cutting Essentials magazine. It came with the fabulous Piece by Piece die set. I found an old card with a nice image that I thought would work well with the die set.


That is a fabulous image to use. I made a 6" x 6" card blank and I added a mat of glitter card. 


The die set comes with an outer die so I used this to cut a black mat. Then I cut the image with the puzzle piece part of the die set. I offset one of the pieces to make it look like the puzzle was about to be finished. As a family we love doing puzzles at Christmas. 


I was really pleased with how this design worked out. 

I would like to enter the following challenges: 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

Gwyneth said...

The card looks fab with you Jackie.
GG

Janette said...

Stunning card Jackie, love the die, its just fab and has worked so well with the image.
Sorry to hear about your mil, do hope she is soon well and home.xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is very beautiful Jackie

gr karin

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card, love the image and design. So sorry to hear your mother in law is back in hospital. Take care.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
oh this is such a superb card and I love your wonderful design.
That image was just made for that die wasn't it.
I love that image and have a couple of pictures with such scenes made by Joesph Farquharson.
So sorry to hear MIL is back in hospital.
Hope she is soon out again such a worrying time for you all.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Wendy L said...

What a fab freebi Jackie, gorgeous card, xx

Littlelamb said...

HiJackie. Love the card. I have been away in Jersey and couldn’t get that magazine but have managed to get it now back. Only home today so haven’t had time to use it yet. Hopefully tomorrow. Sorry to hear about MIL. Hope you have better news soon.x

Monica Maier said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at MLC in July!

Monica- DT
https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Super card Jackie, next time I go to WH Smith and if there is a magazine left I'll just have to buy it! lol

June x

Alison59 said...

Just popping in to say "Hi" x

karenlotty said...

Very clever I am sorry to hear that your MIL was taken back into hospital
My weekend was fairly quiet So I did a bit of crafting on Saturday
Visited our grandson on Sunday and then our local zoo to lay flowers at our son’s grave - it would have been his birthday

Katie said...

Beautiful card

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

This is absolutely brilliant Jackie! I love sheep.....to begin with and the puzzle idea is a great touch and a very unique style card for Christmas Michelle x

Migdalia said...

So beautiful & creative!!!New follower.
I would love for you to enter my "Thank you" GIVEAWAY over at my blog
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia Rodriguez
Migdalia's Crafts

ALI said...

Jackie this is stunning!

Carole J said...

This looks so lovely Jackie - its hard to believe that the die was a free gift with your magazine. It's a super way to recycle old cards. Well done! x

Janice said...

A clever design Jackie, I have an Xcut jigsaw die which I have never used. You have inspired me to get it out and have a try.
Janice x

@d_e_crafts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
@d_e_crafts said...

Great card Jackie, nice to see the jigsaw take on your card. Thank you for joining the Dream Valley challenge.