Followers

Thursday 14 March 2019

Moving Along with the Times Challenge blog - the theme is Bugs

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? I am having quite a quiet week which is great for catching up on crafty makes of one sort or another. The following couple of weeks are going to be rather busy.

Today sees the start of a new challenge at the Moving Along with the Times Challenge blog and this time the theme is Bugs. By this we mean any type of insect.

I wanted to make an Valentine's Day card for my husband and I found inspiration from a  cushion in Next. I go there often it is an easy walk from our house and they have a Costa. What's not to like?  Any way back to the cushion it had bees and a heart on it. I tried making a felted bee but I didn't like what I made so I bought some dies instead.


For the background I used the Honeycomb Haven embossing folder from Creative Expressions. It seemed appropriate. My backing paper was another inky kitchen roll creation. 
 I added the honeycomb die that came in the Dovecraft Bee Happy Premium Die Collection to the background. 


The theme of this times challenge is Bugs. Even butterflies and dragonflies count. Click on the logo and you will be taken to the blog. 


The heart die was one designed by Leonie Pujol for Crafter's Companion. The Bee Happy came from the Dovecraft set. 


I think this bee die is fabulous and this what prompted me to buy the Dovecraft die set. All the other dies were a bonus. 


My husband did like his card on Valentine's Day. In fact we have only just put it away. 

Enjoy the rest of the week

I would like to enter the following challenges: 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

24 comments:

jane stillman said...

A fabulous card, love the design and colours. Next is my favourite shop, but have to shop online now unfortunately. Used to love to browse and then have a Costa and lemon tart! lol xx

dbscraftpassion said...

Great card Jackie, love how you added the glitter behind the wings.

Hugs
Donna B

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
what a very gorgeeous creation.
Your background looks so wonderful and the colours are stunning.
Love those cute Bees and their glitzy wings.
All in all such a very stunning card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Love the colors, Jackie, and the starkness of the die cuts against them xoxo

Wendy L said...

It looks wonderful Jackie, thank you.
Love the dazzle bits on your bugs, xxx

Linda Simpson said...

WOW this is fabulous Jackie, love the background and cute bees.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Monika said...

Great card! Love shine on bees!

Gwyneth said...

Wonderful card. I think how you've done the bee is fab.
GG

Leanne said...

Great card, love that background, awesome job. Fun Beees...Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks.

Leanne DT/KC

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card and a gorgeous background Jackie
Gr Karin

Carole J said...

Your card is gorgeous, Jackie. I love the inky background and the black really pops against it. Fabulous bees! xx

Christine Harrop said...

A super card Jackie. Believe it or not I have just bought this die set when I was at the NEC today! As soon as I saw it I wished I had it in time for the challenge - and then blow me, I have just logged on and found your gorgeous card using the very same set! At least I know how good it can look when cut out. Hugs Christine x

Littlelamb said...

A brilliant card Jackie. Love the background as well.

Lori Kobular said...

That sentiment is so sweet! Love the background on your card and the lovely bees!

Janette said...

Bee-utiful, 'too much, sorry', but I do love your card Jackie, its gorgeous and Bees are everywhere right now. Not been in Next forever, can't walk round much so shop on line when I can, miss the shops so much, you enjoy.xx

Mrs A. said...

The whole card is a delight to look at. I love your mop up background piece. The colours are fabulous. Hugs Mrs A.

ALI said...

Lovely card, love the embossing folder background compliments the card perfectly x

Stamping Bubbles said...

Fabulous card Jackie, the little bee die cuts are lovely.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Furrbster said...

I adore your background on this - stunning. What a lovely creation,

Hugz Tinz

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Donna Walls said...

Lovely make for The Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge. Thanks for sharing with us! Donna - DT Member

Duncan Street Designs (My Blog)
The Paper Funday Challenges (New Challenge Blog)

Caz said...

Beautiful..Really must visit more often..Sorry ive not done so before...Me bad..

Caz xx

Janice said...

Super card Jackie, love both the backgrounds.
Janice x

Cazro said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. We would love for you to visit us again. Caz DT.