Followers

Friday 8 March 2019

Tri-Shutter 70th Birthday Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope you have had a good week. The weekend is not far away now. Today I will be helping at another Felting Workshop and  we will be making pictures. I wasn't expecting to be involved today but the other lady who helps is unfortunately ill which is a shame. Tonight we are going to the theatre with friends to see Rainman.

I wasn't going to blog today but then I was looking through my files and I found this Tri-Shutter card that I made for a friend's birthday back in December.


I love this style of card. They are rather impressive, they fold up to go in a small envelope and they are great for using all your small dies. The chap in question is the husband of one of my crafty friends. She made her card to him at my house so it would be a surprise for him. This meant that I had a good idea about things he liked. I used a music embossing folder for the backing as he likes music. 


All the scoring was done on my scoring board and I used a craft knife to cut the slits. The colours I used are the ones of his football team. 


I just used small dies to fill in the spaces. It is fun finding ones to fit with the theme. 


I know he liked this card and that he had a great birthday. I might just make one like this for my uncle who is 85 soon. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Have a great weekend. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Jackie this is fab I have yet to try one of these

jane stillman said...

A fabulous card. Enjoy the workshop and the Rainman

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Jackie. Have a good day.xx

karenlotty said...

Great card Enjoy the workshop

Katie said...

Beautiful card

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a fabulous and very beautiful card Jackie great design
Gr Karin

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card, love the design and lovely embellishments.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Monica C. said...

Such an impressive card. Love all the detail you have added to it.
Hugs Monica

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
oh I love this wonderful card and the fab design.
Love all the elements used and the colours are so fab.
I'm sure he did love it as it's so different from the usual style cards we all seem to buy.
Enjoy the Theatre tonight.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Stunning card Jackie, I love the banners on the sides

pam said...

Fabulous card Jackie, love the shape.
Pam x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love making these not done one for ages. The hardest bit is filling each space but you have done that beautifully

Littlelamb said...

A brilliant card Jackie. I am not surprised the recipient loved it. Have a good weekend.

Stamping Bubbles said...

I love a tri-fold card and this is a brilliant example Jackie. Enjoy your felting.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

This is fabulous Jackie...love the design!!!
Hugs D xxx

ALI said...

Great card, lovely design x

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
just popped back to say thank you so much for my beautiful Birthday card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Great card Jackie, I like this style of card too, it's so adaptable, isn't it. Bet they loved it too Michelle x

Carole J said...

This is stunning, Jackie! Love that you chose his football team colours. xx