Followers

Wednesday 20 March 2019

Weaving with Snippets

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? I have a busy week this week and on Thursday we are going away so that we can attend my uncles 85th Birthday lunch that he is organising himself. Today I will be helping at a Felting Workshop I think we are making bags.

When I made my thank you cards back in January I created background papers for them with Distress Oxides. I made the papers  a bit bigger than I needed. When the backgrounds were trimmed down there were small inky strips left over. Being  me I had to save them they just couldn't go to waste. So until now they have sat in a box waiting to be used. I saw a demo from Maria at Clarity stamps and she was weaving with strips of paper. I just had to have a go.


This is just a small card in fact just 4" x 4". I used the Gerbera Dies Square Background die, from the John Next Door range,  to create a pretty aperture. Then on the reverse of the aperture I stuck double sided tape. I only removed the top of the tape from two adjacent sides. Then I stuck strips going down along one side. Finally I used the remaining strips to weave the background. Once I had finished I exposed the rest of the sticky and stuck the ends down. All the ends were trimmed so they didn't show. 


You can see the detail of the weaving behind the Thanks die. 


I added some of the butterflies cut with the Small Butterflies die set from the John Next Door range. 


I do like to have a few thank you cards in my stash you never know when someone will be kind and you will need one. 

I would like to enter the following challenges: 

Enjoy the rest of the week

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

12 comments:

jane stillman said...

A beautiful card, love the background made with your snippets. Hope your Uncle has a wonderful day

Carole Pollard said...

Wonderful Jackie love hte paper weaving I've done it before but never with such posh colured papers its made a very stunning card design. Loving it, Have a great day and I'm so glad i've finally made some time to visit your blog I d appreciate all the comments you make on my own blog so kind Love and hugs Caorle x

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous I love the beautiful paper weaving and gorgeous butterflies.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow so very beautiful Jackie
Gr Karin

Wendy L said...

So beautiful Jackie and I do like the weaved background, not worth wasting anything, xxxx

Di said...

What a pretty card Jackie - and such a great way to use up your paper strips as well!

Hugs

Di xx

pam said...

Beautiful card design Jackie, love the colours.
Hugs Pam x

Littlelamb said...

A beautiful card Jackie and just my colour. Love the dies you used. I needed a Thank you card today so must do several and putn in my box for when I need one.. hope all went well at the felting class. Would be interested to see the results. Take care.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Great weaving, beautifully colored butterflies and lovely layout

Lori Kobular said...

Wow! I love the weaving on your beautiful card! The colors are so soft!

Janice said...

Pretty card Jackie, lovely colours.
Janice x

Gwyneth said...

I love your woven background. Your whole card looks great, and nice to see a Thank you card.
GG