Followers

Friday 29 March 2019

Nautical themed Get Well Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope you have had a good week. The weather here has certainly been lovely. I also  hope you have something nice to do at the weekend. On Saturday we are seeing my parents and my sister. On Mothering Sunday our daughter is coming for the day and we are having a meal together. It should be a nice weekend. We are also hoping to do some bits in the garden too.

A few of our friends have been ill recently and I needed some Get Well cards. Here is one of them.


I found the backing paper in my stash and I cut an aperture in it with the Star Burst die. The anchor is an All Occasions die and the waves at the bottom is a Tattered Lace die. The sentiment came free with a magazine and has proved to be quite useful. 


This is a Tattered Lace sailing ship die it was just the right size for this card. I cut the die in brown and then added the white sails and red flags. I like the effect of the star burst behind the ship. 


I think the chap who received this card liked it. He is on the road to recovery now which is good. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Have a great weekend. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

15 comments:

jane stillman said...

A brilliant card, love the dies and backing paper

Janette said...

A really lovely card Jackie, love the ship, just gorgeous.
Hope you have a good weekend, it sounds like your going to be busy, enjoy Mothers day.xx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Hi Jackie

This really is a super design, love the colour combo

Have a great weekend

June x

Gwyneth said...

Your card looks fantastic. A great card for a man.
GG

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautifullllllllllllllllllll Jackie
Gr Karin

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous get well soon card. Loving the nautical theme too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Jackie love your get well soon nautical card … and glad your man is on the mend too … hope you have a super mothers day with your daughter … happy crafting and love sandy xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a fab nautical card

Littlelamb said...

Brilliant card Jackie. Enjoy your weekend especially Mothers Day. Nothing planned here.

Stamping Bubbles said...

Great card Jackie, love the dies you have used.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a great card, Thanks for dropping in past my blog, Hazel xx

karenlotty said...

A brilliant card (and so are the ones I missed) O have the SW “Just to say” die and would never have thought to use it on a Get Well card but it is so apt I will definitely keep that in mind when I need to make one
Enjoy your day My daughter and family are coming for Sunday lunch So I’m just about to make a start

ALI said...

Great male card Jackie x

Carole J said...

A lovely card, Jackie! The ship die is fabulous and I love how you paper pieced it. I'm sure it cheered your poorly friend. xx

Janice said...

A fabulous nautical card Jackie, perfect for any male.
Janice x