Followers

Monday 11 March 2019

Not Just Cards Challenge Blog - March Anything Goes Challenge

Hello My Crafty Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope you have had a great weekend. The wind has been really strong and taken down our neighbours fence that lies between our properties. We did get to the cinema on Saturday and saw the new Captain Marvel film. It was very enjoyable and it is worth waiting until the end of the credits if you are planning on going.

Being the 11th of the month the new challenge starts at the Not Just Cards Challenge blog. The March Challenge is Anything Goes, our usual theme.

I made a birthday card for the lady who runs the farm where our cow is looked after. The farm in question is in France and it is one of a herd on Aberdeen Angus cows. We called our cow Rosie I think she is known by her number in reality. It is a great pleasure to us to be able to say that we own a cow.


I did make one of my Snippets backgrounds for this card. I am rather obsessed with using up my scraps of patterned paper. 



The image I used is from the Farm Fresh Digital stamp set from Beccy's Place it is available HERE.  I bought this set with our farming friends in mind. The background for the silhouette cows was made in Publisher. The Happy Birthday was cut with a Crafter's Companion die.  


I added some extra detail with one of the dies that came in the Crafter's Companion advent calendar. 


I know this card was received safely, along with the wellie socks and sweets, and was much appreciated. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Have a great week 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

jane stillman said...

A great card Jackie, love the snippets and die cut which compliment the topper. Glad you enjoyed the film. Weather was horrendous here yesterday - at least the sun is shining at the moment!

Janette said...

Beautiful scene Jackie, love this card..
The weather got abit rough here too, and what was all that hailstone about, like little balls then sunshine, very weird...enjoy your day.xx

Sylvia said...

What a fabulous card, i'm sure the farmer will love it! Fabulous background created and unusual image, but just right for what you wanted.

Sylv xx

Julie said...

Beautiful card and great paper choices. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Pattern Paper challenge
Julie T

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love the papers and wonderful background.
Hugs
Linda xxx

ALI said...

Great card love the theme, how amazing to own a cow!

Littlelamb said...

Brilliant card Jackie. That’s interesting to own a cow. Weather here was awful yesterday. It only did we have the rain and hailstones but then a livery long rimble of thunder overhead. Very frightening.

Shabneez said...

Super card Jackie! Glad to hear the movie was good as it's on our list of films to watch! Shabneez x

Anne said...

Lovely card, I have so many paper scraps to use up and this doesn't look like scraps how you've done it, really effective
ANne x

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh, I adore this card, brings back memories of my childhood at my Grandfather's ranch. Lot's of cattle and green grass. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers for our 'Green' challenge.
hugs
glenda

Lindsey said...

I like that background! And it goes so well with a cow/farm theme. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!

Janice said...

Just catching up after a week away Jackie, you’re cards are just gorgeous as always.
Janice x

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
such a very super card and your background papers design looks amazing and such good use of Snippets too.
Love the farm theme too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

karenlotty said...

A brilliant card for the lady that looks after Rosie

Arlene said...

I loved reading about your cow, Rosie in France. What a fun card to send, meaningful. I had to read (HAD) the post to find out why there were cows on the card. I knew there would be a story behind it. So glad you joined us for the March challenge of "Anything Goes".

Carole J said...

Such a pretty card and very apt for the lady in question! I love how you do these backgrounds! xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Great die cuts today Jackie

Lori Kobular said...

Love those cows on your adorable card! How nice to own a cow! Do you go visit your cow? There was a cow at the barn where we kept our horses and it was so friendly!

patty said...

wonderful card, love the background and the cows, thank you for your project to our challenge at creative moments, hugs, patty