Followers

Saturday 8 August 2020

Sherry West Guest Design Team Member - Back to School Poppi Pokkadot Colouring and Craft Contest

 Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

We had a lovely day for my hubby's birthday yesterday. We visited the Weald and Downland Museum which is where they film the Repair Shop. You can't visit the barn where the filming takes place but you can see a bit of what is going on. We saw Dom doing some spraying outside we have no idea what he was working on. Later we saw the teddy bear ladies, Dom and Steve all posing on a cart. It will be interesting to see if any of that makes it into the programme. We really enjoyed the museum they have some wonderful buildings there and the grounds are great to walk around.  

 A couple of weeks ago I was asked if I would like to be a Guest Design Team member for Sherry West ART. Well I jumped at the chance. The initial term is for three months. For August I have been given four images to work with. The first one is Back to School Poppi Pokkadot. She is a free image for a colouring a craft competition on Facebook. You can reach the event HERE.  The image is free to download in the event. 

Isn't she just so cute. I enjoyed colouring her with my Prismcolor pencils. I do find that I have a lot more control when I am colouring with my pencils. I have learnt a lot from Barbara Gray. I cut thm image and it's mats with some Tattered Lace Dies. The Numbers and Letters are Crafter's Companion dies.

Our daughter and son-in-law are coming today. It will be so good to see them and they are bringing afternoon tea. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Challenge 142 at the Crafty Friends Challenge blog

Challenge 196 at the Creative Moments Challenge blog

Have a great weekend. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

19 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Congratulations on your GDT spot. A beautiful card, love the sweet image. So happy to hear you had a lovely day yesterday.
Hugs
Linda xxx

tilly said...

Happy birthday to your husband and a great day out. This is a lovely old fashioned image, so cute and pretty xx

Mrs A. said...

We always enjoy spending a day out at the museum. I love going round the old garden design that they have recreated. I expect you have to book and buy your tickets on line now which has taken the spontaneity out of just being able to get up and go if the weather is nice. This virus has spoilt so much of our lives.
I do like your little girl. So cute and your colouring is fab. Hugs Mrs Mrs A.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a great card, Belated Birthday wishes to your Husband, Hazel x

Doreen said...

What a great day out,I love watching The Repair Shop.... Your card is gorgeous.xxx

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Jackie… Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Crafty Friends. It fits perfectly with our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge theme. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon. Congrats on your GDT position x
Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Crafting Queen said...

Adorable card and congrats on the GDT.x

Carole Pollard said...

What a wonderful day out I am very jealous just love that programme Your card is fabulous such an adorable design Love and hugs Carole x

Littlelamb said...

Congratulations Jackie. Love the card. Glad you had a lovely day yesterday and you enjoy the visit from your daughter and son in law.

karenlotty said...

Great projects JACKIE
We would like to go to the Weald and Downland museum I’ve wanted to go for years never mind the fame it’s found on The Repair Shop I love that programme I am in love with Wil and Jay (come to that!) I can get quite emotional at some of the items brought in especially when the bear ladies are on because I had a Bugs Bunny of my son’s (his best friend!)? Which I would have loved them to have repaired But sadly we threw it away
Are the “team” permanently based there but just film certain times of the year or were you just lucky that they were there
Have a good week

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Super cute make hun, I do love her
Congrats on your GDT

Stay safe
Hugs Shell xx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Cute image Jackie and great colouring. Good to hear you and hubby enjoyed your day out. Enjoy afternoon tea today with your daughter and sil too

June x

Wendy L said...

It's lovely Jackie, I do like her images, xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

such a sweet and lovely card Jackie
Gr Karin

Alison59 said...

Belated birthday wishes to your hubby Jackie and congrats at the DT call xx
Delightful card :-)

Em Louise Fairley said...

So cute xoxo

htondre@aol.com said...

Such a cute image, lovely card

Janice said...

Congratulations Jackie on your GDT, so well deserved. Lovely card.
Janice x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Fabulous card, the background letters and number dies are really effective. Glad your husband enjoyed his birthday too. Take care Michelle x