Followers

Saturday 22 November 2014

A Fair Trade.

Hi  Bloggers

I hope you are having a great weekend. Christmas prep is in full swing in our house. I have even started to wrap presents.

Someone at work made me an offer that I couldn't refuse, she offered to make me a Christmas cake if I made a Christmas card for her mum. I was very happy to accept  this offer here is what I created for her. She has already made the cake. That was speedy and we both get to do something we enjoy doing.

  I based this card on one I had made previously but without my Grand Calibur I had to think of a way round not being able to do A4 embossing.


I cut the while mat for the aperture as wide as would so through my Big Shot. I like the white on black look I achieved this with a die cut in white for the sentiment.


Around the the edge of the black mat I stamped a snowflake with Perfect Medium and alternately heat embossed with white and then with clear embossing powder.


The one stipulation was that the word MUM was on the card, I cut this with my new Tonic alphabet dies - they are good. I cut off the the fancy bits for a cleaner look and so it would fit in the space I had left for it .

For the insert I cut the Mosaic Poinsettia out of Funky Foam and I used it as a stamp. 


Finally I used the leftover bits from the alphabet dies to decorate the envelope.


I think I got a fair trade for a cake. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. We are off to Salisbury to collect a rabbit for my daughter.

Happy Crafting 

Hugs Jackie

32 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Jackie
Gr Karin

Dips said...

Lovely card, Jackie, hope your friend's cake is as great! My Christmas cake and Christmas Pudding are currently both cooking as I blog-hop!

Alison59 said...

That's a great trade off! Fabulous card :-)

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous and a fabulous trade off.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Alizabethy said...

What a great piece of work - love all the details

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

What a wonderful trade! Hope she loves it.

Doreen said...

Love the design and colours,just gorgeous.xxx

applejack cards by sue said...

Hi Jackie, This is beautiful, so many lovely additions. A great trade for a cake.

Cumbrianlass said...

A very beautiful card Jackie,
Janet xxx

Unknown said...

Your card is stunning Jackie, I love the design and colours. Your friend will be very happy and her mum even more so, its gorgeous. Hugs Jennifer xx

Kate M said...

That's a beautiful card you have made - well worth a Christmas Cake!!
xx

Brawny x said...

Wow a gorgeous card. Great design x

pam said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Jackie, lovely design, your friend will love this for her Mum..
hugs pam

Unknown said...

I love this card .x

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous christmas card, love what you did with the alphabet dies x

Andree said...

A gorgeous card Jackie, I love the rich colours and how you created the insert. I think your colleague got a very good deal x

Jackie said...

Stunning card and a great idea using the funky foam for stamping inside :o)
Jackie xx

Dawn said...

This is gorgeous Jackie! I love the dramatic colours!
Great trade off!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Carole Pollard said...

Just fabulous the colours are amazing I love the design so much gorgeous detail her Mum will love receiving this card. Enjoy your Christmas cake !! Love and hugs Carole x

Nikki said...

On the hop over from Do Crafts, great card.... I love it x

Naomi said...

Beautiful card, so much detail.Love it and the design. xxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Jackie - great design & detail. Love how you've used the funky foam! Enjoy your cake.
Hugs,
Bev xx

Anonymous said...

Hello Jackie, sounds like a good deal, Fabulous card, love the holly the poinsettia's ndn the snowflakes.

Teighan

Jan said...

Love this xx Jan

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card Jackie....what a deal....a cake for a card!....love the dark poinsettas.....Joolsx

Alyx said...

This is an absolute stunner, Jackie! Love, love, love the poinsettias...so beautiful.
xx

Laine said...

A beautiful card Jackie. Your friends mum will love it. Stunning detail and die cuts.
Laine
xx

brenda said...

What a very pretty and traditional looking Christmas card Jackie.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

I have some candy here and you are very welcome to enter.

B x

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie just catching up after the busy week. This is beautiful and what a great trade! The alphabet dies are worth the hassle , they are gorgeous. Well done. Love Diane xxx

Unknown said...

WOW, Jackie, what an utterly wonderful card hun, hugs xxx

Carole Z said...

Hi Jackie, what a fab trade! Your card is beautiful and I am sure your friend's mum is going to be thrilled, hugs Carole Z X

Sarah said...

Beautiful festive card Jackie. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week x