Followers

Wednesday 26 November 2014

Anniversary Hearts

Hi Bloggers 

How has your week been so far?  As usual at this time of year things are getting very busy, Today I have just been on a trip to Bursledon Windmill it is very interesting and well worth a visit and in the Spring they will start milling their own flour. 

I am sharing a quick little card today that was made with all the leftovers from the wedding card I made last week. So it will be just right for Pixie's Snippets Playground this time. I think silver and white is a classic combination for weddings and anniversarys. So I couldn't let all the bits and bobs go to waste.


I am sorry about the quality of the photos the light is really tricky at this time of year and of course the card doesn't have much contrast. Can you spot my slight slip with the background embossing.?


The hearts were made for the original card but when I laid out the mats and embellishments before I stuck them down these hearts just didn't look right. So I put them to one side and had another go. But they were too pretty not to use on another project,


The sentiment was cut from a scrap of silver paper. 

  
There you have it quite a simple card but a good one to have in my stash. I am starting to work on some wedding invitations  for a relative it will be a hefty project to get my teeth into.

We are off to see Michael McIntyre tomorrow  I can't wait. Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting 

Hugs Jackie


26 comments:

Laura said...

It's beautiful.. love the white on white and the hearts are amazing..
LAura D.

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is elegant and gorgeous Jackie
Gr Karin

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, I love the beautiful hearts.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Brawny x said...

Very pretty Jackie. Love the hearts. Great card. Enjoy Michael x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab design and colours.xxx

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card Jackie & a great way to use up leftovers!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful design x

Jan said...

Beautiful card xx Jan

Jackie said...

Wonderful card, great way to use leftovers :o)
Jackie xx
P.S. I googled the windmill and alas, it is too far away for me!!!

Jackie T said...

Sorry Jackie I knew it would be too far for lots of people but if you are ever down this way it is a great place to visit. Hugs Jackie

Carole Pollard said...

Just gorgeous those hearts are delightful a lovely card love and hugs Carole x

Di said...

Hi Jackie, welcome back to the Playground! Love your card and can't for the life of me spot any glitch you mentioned! It's beautiful and I love the design.

Oooer, brave you tackling Wedding invitations. I did a load a good while back and at times felt like lying down in a dark room. Having said that, I did them in batch mode a bit like a factory production line - that seemed to work for me.

Fascinating about Burlesdon Mill - we live just about half an hour or so away so that's going to be on the list of places to visit!

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Didn't realise I wasn't following you - now added myself!
xx

Kate M said...

Absolutely fabulous - so elegant!
xx

Laine said...

This is so stunning Jackie. Wonderful design and detail.
Laine
xx

pam said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love the colour combo and gorgeous die cuts with embossed details.
hugs pam

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So very elegant for an anniversary card. Love those heart die cuts

Jackie T said...

Thank you for following me Di. We must live quite close together. I live about 10 minutes from the windmill. Hugs Jackie

ALI said...

Fabulous use of your left over bits.

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie what a great card and a wonderful use if scraps, can't see the error either! Glad you enjoyed the windmill trip, how great they opened it for the children to experience. Must go there soon especially if they are milling their own flour. Enjoy Michael . Love Diane xxx

Alizabethy said...

Very stylish and elegant looking card!

Alyx said...

This really is so lovely. Very classy. Love the colour combo.
xx

Anonymous said...

Really elegant, do like the pattern in those hearts

Anonymous said...

Hello Jackie, A beautiful card, love the embossing and the hearts are just gorgeous. The colours are fabulous.

Teighan

Carole Z said...

Beautiful card Jackie, I love the design - gorgeous hearts! Hugs Carole Z X

Unknown said...

Oh Jackie, what an elegant card, beautiful hun, hugs xxx