Followers

Saturday 8 November 2014

Bunnies and Butterflies

Hi Bloggers

How's that for a nice piece of alliteration? I think I need to go for a quiet lay down in a dark room to recover as I might have over extended myself. How has your week been? I seem to have been very busy but not achieved anything concrete. I hope you have a good weekend.

I made today's card for the challenge on the Butterfly Challenge blog this time it was to use three designer papers. Because I used so many snippets of paper to complete this card I will be entering it for the  Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge as well. Both challenges are worth checking out and you end up with useful cards in your stash for those times when someone says "Have you got a card for so and so's birthday"? That actually happened this week.


I know this card is for a butterfly challenge but I did go a bit mad with the butterfly theme. I stamped butterflies in two shades of Distress Ink on the backing sheet. I did use some mirror card I don't often use this but I think a little bit is OK now and again, though it doesn't photograph well.


The main LOTV image has butterflies on it. The paper round the image also has butterflies on it. The only paper that does not have any butterflies is the strip across the middle which has hearts. 


Then I did some die-cutting and I made more butterflies to sit on the punched and inked flowers.  The centres of the flowers and the heads of the butterflies are made with CS PVA glue.


 Our other piece of family news in that my husband's father who is a Normandy Veteran will be on the live broadcast of Songs of Praise on Sunday. It is being broadcast from the Garrison church in Aldershot. He is involved with rehearsals most of today.

Thank you for stopping by and for any comments that you might leave.

Happy Crafting 

Hugs Jackie






32 comments:

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie what a pretty card today' love the mix of Bunnies and butterflies too. Good luck with the challenges. I hope your father in law enjoys the service, quite emotional for him and tiring too with all the hanging around. You must all be so proud of him. Take care and have a good weekend love Diane xxxx

MissyG said...

Lovely colourful card - love the flowers and the butterflies
Linda x

ALI said...

Gorgeous card, love the pinks.

ElizabethR said...

That is so pretty, I love the rabbit he a cutie. Have a great weekend, Elizabeth x

Anonymous said...

a lovely card, and really like those flowers

Doreen said...

Love the fab image,design and colours.xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is so very sweet and so very beautiful Jackie
Gr Karin

Carole Z said...

HI Jackie, this is gorgeous! I love the colours and all the details...the bunny is so cute! Hugs Carole Z x

applejack cards by sue said...

Hiya Jackie, such a pretty card... loving butterflies and bunnies. x

pam said...

Hi Jackie, this is so cute adorable image, love the colours and embellishments.
hugs pam x

Chris said...

Such a cute card, love the image and design. Chris xx

Brawny x said...

I love this. It's so cute and pretty at the same time. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog..you're very kind x

Jackie T said...

You are welcome Lea. :)

Jean said...

A very pretty card, I love the cute bunny image and the butterflies and flowers.
Jean x

Mrs A. said...

There can never be too many butterflies. I love the cute bunny image. I have that small butterfly paper too and am trying to eek it out sparingly.
Love the colour palette. Thank you for fluttering by #18. hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).


Mrs O crafty blog said...

Love the design, so pretty, Px

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

That image is so cute. Lovely card for a butterfly challenge

Mrs A. said...

Will be introducing some new ideas for the Butterfly challenge in the new year, GDT for all being one of them. hugs Mrs A.

Andree said...

This is a pretty card Jackie and a delightful image x

Jackie said...

I was so sure that I had commented on this gorgeous card!!! :o)
Jackie xx

Laine said...

Such a sweet creation and I love the sweet bunny Jackie.
Laine
xx

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie such a pretty card love the image and the papers are fab. Love how you have used your embellishment. Great news about your father In law you must be so proud. Hugs Jennifer xx

Lizzies said...

Beautiful card. Love the bunny image you have used and the flowers.

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Jackie..Gorgeous card...what a cute image...just loving the flowers and butterflies too....Joolsx

Anonymous said...

Hello Jackie, A fabulous card. Love the image and the flowers are so pretty. Love the butterflies to. Hope the service goes well. Such courgeous men and women.

Teighan

Alyx said...

Aawwww...so cute. Love bunnies. Gorgeous paper and colours as well. Really lovely card.
xx

Dips said...

Gorgeous details, as always Jackie, you're a lady after my own heart cardwise!

Sam K said...

Oh my this is just too cute, what a great make xx

Di said...

Wow Jackie, what a gorgeous card! Perfect for Mrs A and great use of snippets of course. Darling image as well :)

Hugs

Di xx

Alison59 said...

Hi jackie, sorry I haven't been commenting but I've been unwell. All better now. You've made some fabulous cards since I last posted. Well done :-)

Sarn said...

Absolutely love this pretty card. I have that LOTV stamp . . .I really should use it! Thanks for the inspiration! xxx

scrappymo! said...

This is such a soft and pretty card. Love the design and colours used to showcase that pretty image.