Followers

Sunday 30 November 2014

Christmas Robin

Hi Bloggers

Yesterday I went to the  Hobbycrafts show at the Excel Centre in London. At the same time Brick 2014 was going on  (a Lego convention) it was a strange mix. I will share some pictures from the Hobbycrafts show at the end of this post.

Today's card is a traditional card with a robin on it. Who doesn't like a robin at Christmas?



The main image came from an old Christmas card I save all my cards with robins on, I do like them a lot. I teamed the image with a black edging and some pretty paper. So quite an easy card really just what you need when you have a lot to make.

Now on to my pictures from the Hobbycrafts show. I met and had chats with Jo Austin and Pete Hughes. Of course I did some shopping, it would have been rude not too.

Jo Austin

Pete Hughes from Sizzix
Showing me the Pinecone die I'm getting it for Christmas (lucky me)

A World War I display all in white.

Hand knitted poppy wreaths. 

My stash the silver card is for wedding invites.
With Paddington at Paddington station.



I hope you all had a great weekend and got caught up on all the jobs that need to be done. I will be starting my Advent Journal tomorrow. I can't believe how quickly the time is going,

Happy crafting.

Hugs Jackie


18 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie, firstly great photo's sure look as if you were having a good time. secondly love the robin card, so traditional. I have a couple or Robins in my garden and they are there all year round and will even come and sit on the pots watching me. Great use of recycled image. hugs Jennifer xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful card Jackie
Gr Karin

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card, I do love robins too. Great photographs and love the knitted poppy wreath.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Laine said...

Fabulous traditional card Jackie. We have a robin who visits the garden and she is lovely. She had two broods this year in the nesting box and the chicks were a delight to watch. Looks like a fun day out.
Laine
xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Great card Jackie....Love the photos...looks like you had a great day...Joolsx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous card!

pam said...

hi Jackie, lovely recycled topper, love robins.
looks like you enjoyed your day out..
great photos.
hugs pam

Nataliascraft said...

This is gorgeous card, love the robin. Looks like you had a fab day x

Andree said...

A wonderful Christmas card Jackie, I love traditional images, especially cute robins.
Great photos of your day out. I saw the WW 1 display at the NEC it is very poignant x

Jackie said...

A gorgeous card and some lovely photographs :o)
Jackie xx

Alison59 said...

A beautiful card and looks like you had a fab day out. Enjoy your goodies :-)

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie Great photos, looks like you had a wonderful day out. You were quite well behaved with your purchases weren't you. Is that some really useful storage I see? Love the robin card too, lovely and straight forward . Love Diane xxx

Jan said...

Great pics Jackie. Love the gorgeous Robin card & poppy wreath xx Jan

Kate M said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures, super!
Love your traditional robin card, great recycling!
xx

Carole Pollard said...

The card is gorgeous I love Robins as well. The photos of the craft show look just great and looks like you had a brilliant day love your purchases and I look forward to the cards you make with them .Love and hugs Carole x

Brawny x said...

Fab robin card. Just love this image x

Carole Z said...

HI Jackie, I'm on catch up again:(...your card is gorgeous, the robin image is so traditional and beautiful...thanks for sharing your photos, I miss seeing Pete Hughes and Sizzix on C&C, used to be good shows..love the poppies and WW1 display, hugs Carole Z X

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Jackie,I adore Robins, they are a sure sign of Christmas, your pictures are fabulous, also, hugs hun xxx