Followers

Wednesday 5 November 2014

New Home

Hi Bloggers

How is your week going? I am back to work after a half term break. This means fitting crafting in when I can. My Grand Calibur has made it back to Create and Craft now I have to wait and see what they are going to do about it.

I made two versions of today's card as I know two  people who are moving home soon. The two versions are slightly different to each other but I prefer this one. At least they will never be next to each other on the shelf to be compared.


To create the background I first cut the window with a Spellbinders die from some white card. I put the window to one side and then embossed the card with a mask. Once it was embossed I used some Distress ink  and inked through the mask to create the brickwork. 


I stuck some spotty paper behind the aperture and then reinserted the window I had cut earlier.


The flower pots and herb plants were cut with three sets of Spellbinders dies. 


The sentiment was cut with two  Brittania word dies, I backed it with a Spellbinders die that I cut about a bit to achieve the look I wanted. 


The cards are quite flat cards as I like to post New Home cards to people who have just moved house as I think it is good to get something nice in the post in your new home not just bills. 

That is all for now. Enjoy the rest of the week. Thank you for your visit it means a lot to me.

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie




24 comments:

Carole Z said...

HI Jackie, these are fab cards for a new home...love the brick background and colours you've used, hugs Carole Z X

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous work. That background is just perfect and I love the tiny new home word die cuts in that frame. Lovely

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a very beautiful flower card Jackie

gr karin

Carole Pollard said...

Fabulous new home cards the design is gorgeous I love that window die. I hope your Grand Calibur is better very soon bet you are missing it. love and hugs Carole x

Dawn said...

Gorgeous New Home Card! I'm sure the recipients will be thrilled with it!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Jackie T said...

Yes Carole I am missing the Grand Calibur I hope it doesn't take too long to sort out. Hugs

pam said...

fantastic new home card Jackie, you have created a wonderful scene.
hugs pam

Brawny x said...

My first reactions were wow I love this! A fab card Jackie. I was looking at a window die I had the other day wondering what to do with it - you've given me food for thought. X

Andree said...

A brilliant card Jackie. You've created a lovely scene and the brickwork looks fantastic x

Jackie said...

Wonderful new home card, love the brickwork :o)
Jackie xx

Ewelina Nowak said...

lovely window and flowers :) stunning:) hugs xx

Sylvia said...

Fabuloud New Home card, love the brickwork background and creation of the house.

Sylv xx

Sylvia Anderson said...

These are perfect for a new home xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie - great new home cards! Hope you get your Grand Calibur back soon.
Hugs,
Bev xx

Alyx said...

Great card! Perfect for a new home...great use of die cuts.
xx

Laine said...

Fabulous design and detail Jackie.
Laine
xx

Anonymous said...

Hello Jackie, A gorgeous card, love the scene you have created, love the window and the brickwork.

Teighan

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Hi Jackie,Lovely card...Love the dies and the background of bricks...Joolsx

ALI said...

Fabulous new home card, love the background,

Alizabethy said...

What a great layout - such a pretty card!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous card Jackie so much detail....great work xx

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie what a lovely new home card, I do like those spellbinder dies. Take care love Diane xxx

Sam K said...

What a beautiful new home card, love the little signs in the pots, :) xx

Anonymous said...

how to do the brickwork?