Followers

Monday 10 November 2014

Pine boughs and baubles

Hi Bloggers

I hope you have had a brilliant weekend and that the start of the new week is going well for you. It was a big weekend for our family with my husband's father being interviewed by Bill Turnbull live on Songs of Praise yesterday. I took a couple of photos from the television and I will post a couple at the end of this post.

I made today's card with the free bauble on Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine. At the moment you can see this card on their Facebook page it is part of their Christmas album.

 

First I made the background I stamped the line of trees in black ink. When this dried I linked the sky. I tore a piece of paper and I inked over it  and moved it down to ink again to create the effect of snow. The final touch was to stamp stars with CS Perfect Medium and I heat embossed them with silver embossing powder.


The pine boughs were cut with a Sue Wilson die.


I cut the bauble three times in gold. I used a circle die to cut background circles two in red and one in blue. The final touch was to add snow with CS white PVA glue covered in CS Iced Diamonds glitter.



This is my father-in-law  on the television and a close up of all the medals he has been awarded. He gets more all the time as different organisations honour the veterans.


At school lots of people are wearing handmade poppies this year so I thought I would have a go. Of course I have given a donation to the British Legion as well. I have had quite a few compliments. Which is nice.


Have a great week. I will be back soon with another creation. 

Thank you for all the comments I do read all of them. 

Happy Crafting 

Hugs Jackie







20 comments:

Brawny x said...

I just love this card Jackie. You've got me excited coz I bought the mag at the weekend and now I need to use my die after seeing your card. X

Unknown said...

Fantastic card Jackie - love all the elements. It's so festive! I saw your Father-in-law on Songs of Praise - wow at all his medals, brave man.
Love your poppy.
Hugs,
Bev xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a very beautiful card Jackie.
Gr Karin

Linda Simpson said...

A gorgeous card and what a lovely photograph of your father-in-law.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Laine said...

Fabulous creation Jackie and so exciting for your FIL.
Laine
xx

pam said...

hi Jackie, beautiful card, gorgeous baubles..love the scene you have created.
lovely photos of your Father-in-law.
hugs pam

Naomi said...

Wonderful card, and how lovely for your Father in Law.

Ewelina Nowak said...

wow beautiful Christmas work :) hugs

Andree said...

A wonderful Christmas card Jackie, I love the bright colours. I've yet to use my die.
Your Father in Law is a man to be proud of x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous card and how wonderful to see your father in law be honored for his service.

Jackie said...

A gorgeous card, lovely photographs and very clever poppy. What a wonderful array of medals your FiL has been awarded :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous card love all the detail. Your father in law looks so proud, you really have had a good weekend. Love the poppy. Hugs Jennifer xx

Carole Z said...

I Jackie, Love your card and poppy! I was so emotional all day on Sunday from the Remembrance service and then on Songs of Praise, I didn't catch the name but I was sure I recognised your father in law from your photos before..then I saw your fb post...how proud you must all have been! Hugs Carole Z X

Anonymous said...

I love this card, Ive so got to get that pine cutting die :D

Alison59 said...

Beautiful card; love the poppy; off to watch S of P on catch up :-)

Unknown said...

wow what a striking card, the baubles are so effective; beautiful xx
hugs
Sandie xx

Jan said...

Wonderful cards and post. Well done to your FIL. xx Jan

Anonymous said...

Good morning Jackie, such proud men those medals are amazing. I love your poppy. I'm going to try and crochet some for next year.

Love your card those dies are brilliant. Great colours and the design is so beautiful.

Teighan

Barbara said...

What a lovely card, Jackie....and a fabulous poppy....such a good idea. Your f-i-l must have been so proud and honoured to have been chosen to be interviewed, certainly worthy..... xx

Cumbrianlass said...

Fabulous card Jackie and I bet you are all so proud of your Father in Law, and what an impressive aray of Medals They were all so brave.
Janet xxx