Followers

Saturday 15 November 2014

Dasher the Deer and a bag of .......

Hi Bloggers

I hope you are having a great weekend. I have actually got some time to craft having just had a week with no time at all. I am sure you are finding yourselves as busy as I am and I do appreciate it when you take time to visit my blog and leave comments.

I wanted to enter the challenge on the Crafting Musketeers Blog which this time is anything but a card. Well this certainly isn't a card.


This was an idea I saw on Pinterest and I decided that Dasher was a good candidate for this treatment. The chocolate raisins are giant ones as I thought this would look more effective.


Dasher was stamped with Black Archival and heat embossed with CS Clear embossing powder before  being coloured with Promarkers. The background paper, that I  made, was left over from another project. The snowy border was made with a Martha Stewart punch.


I am a bit funny about giving food to people without giving them all the information about it, you never know who might have allergies, and I wouldn't want to make anyone ill. As I was repackaging the raisins I cut the information from the pack and stuck it in the inside of the top piece so as not to spoil the design, but the information is still available. 


So there you have it Dasher the Deer and a bag of ...... I think this makes a fun and inexpensive gift. I will be making some more of these and Dasher is so cute you can't help but love him.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie






28 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Jackie, I love the beautiful deer and a great idea.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Linette said...

lol So cute and beautifully well done I love it and smart thinking on the (just encase) food allergy info. =0)

I don't craft although I would love to but, I do take a lot of random photo shots of a lot of things whether it be things around the home, my kitty, or nature shots and then I blog about them which leads to my blog being called a Phlog.

If you would like to see my phlog you can by going here: ---> http://marieflutterby.blogspot.ca/

Kate M said...

This is fabulous - the kids will love it - it's a shame to have to open it!
xx

Alyx said...

He he...nothing like munching on reindeer poop. :D Fabulous project...so much fun.
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful and looks great Jackie
Gr Karin

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous project Jackie, love the image and design x

Anonymous said...

Good evening Jackie, Love dasher is is fabulous, great colour scheme.

Teighan

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab image.xxx

pam said...

These are wonderful Jackie, great project ideas, good idea to add the label to, you can never be t careful these days..TFS.
Hugs pam

Diane said...

Fabulous design and yummy idea.

Hugs diane

Lizzies said...

Fantastic idea for a gift.

Andree said...

A wonderful gift idea Jackie. I love Dasher and the background x

Jackie said...

What a fabulous gift, and such a great idea to put allergy info on it too :o)
Jackie xx

Alizabethy said...

Love the use of embossing powder and promarkers - great colours!

Craftyvamp said...

Gorgeous Jackie! xx

Anonymous said...

Utterly cute! Very clever to put the ingredients list inside. I'll have to remember that trick. I can't hlep but think the raisins look like reindeer poop. Sorry!

Laine said...

This is a fabulous project Jackie. Love the image and all of the detail you have created on the topper. Such a fun creation.
Laine
xx

Alison59 said...

Great idea Jackie - especially the ingredients list! Good thinking :-)

Jackie T said...

That is the idea I just didn't want to spell it out. It is just a bit of fun. Hugs Jackie

Unknown said...

Jackie this is wonderful hun, love the topper and the inside, yummy, hugs xxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

I love the way the reindeer turned out and the topper that you made for that bag. Gorgeous work.

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie! This is great I love it - would love to receive one of these as I LOVE chocolate raisins. Great project.
Hugs,
Bev xx

Carole Pollard said...

Love this gorgeous design its so sweet I love the shape as well. Sorry I'm a bit behind with comments but been away for a week. Your last few cards are all stunning my favourite is that bauble and pine leaves card its just amazing love and hugs Carole x

Sylvia Anderson said...

This is so cute, I love to make this kind of package.... Such a good idea including part of the original packaging xxx (hugs)

Dawn said...

Cute little package, I love the backing paper & that punh you've used is stunning!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Carole Z said...

Yummy! What a cute little gift package and great idea with the information, hugs Carole Z X

Hels Sheridan said...

What a fab idea hun... love reindeer poo muchly, prefer the soft to the crunchy version too (ahem) Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie what a great idea to jazz up an inexpensive gift. Love Diane xx