Followers

Tuesday 27 November 2018

A Deer family in a Winter Forest

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? I am trying to sort out lots of things. Then on Thursday I have my regular trip to Winchester. I do love this and I get to see the Christmas market which I think is one of the best around.

Last week when I was there I treated myself to some dies in the pre Black Friday sales. I was very keen to play with them. The first thing I made was the card in my previous post. Then I decided to make something a bit simpler.


I have lots of off cuts of white card left over from making wedding invitations this year. They are just the right size to fit the Branched birch die. I inked through the die to make patches darker then I removed the die and lightly inked the trees. I had some navy card to cut the snow for the background. 


I found some craft card in my stash of bits and cut the deer from it. I added a bit of ink to them. 


The snowflake border was cut in white. 


I used the same navy card as the snowy background to cut the sentiment. 


I am very pleased with my new dies. They even encouraged me to get my inks out which I haven't done for a long time. 

Happy Crafting 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

29 comments:

Janice said...

Love this forest scene Jackie.
Janice x

Aunty Sue said...

Oh Jackie I do like this and love your new dies and if your quick you might catch the end of Beccys race think I jumped in b3fore the gun went off

Janette said...

Its beautiful Jackie, love the new dies, very pretty.xx

Emma Goddard said...

What a beautiful card, LOVE this Jackie, beautiful xx

Kathy said...

Lovely card Jackie - all the snow made me shiver! :)

Mrs A. said...

This looks lovely. The dark blue behind the trees really makes them stand out. I should get my dies out and use them more to make scenes. Hugs Mrs A.

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Jackie, love the layers and beautiful scene you have created.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Wendy L said...

A beautiful Christmas scene Jackie. Xxx

Cath Wilson said...

A stencil just like your die just popped through my door this afternoon. I love this. It looks so serene and wintry.

Thanks for joining us at TIOT this week.

Cath x

Dawn Phillips said...

I do like the navy with the Kraft and white. It's a very striking card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

pam said...

Beautiful card Jackie, love the winter scene.
Hugs Pam x

Beccy said...

It's always great when you find a new product that is totally inspiring and encourages you to be creative, Jackie. Your little winter scene is gorgeous, love the birch background and I'm glad to read that it fits perfectly with all the invitation off-cuts. The deer family are beautiful too.
Cheers,
Beccy

Laine said...

Such a fun card Jackie. Wonderful die cut detailing.
Laine
x

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous card, Jackie xoxo

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Stunning die cuts in this lovely card today. Gorgeous

Donna Ellis said...

Great purchase, Jackie! I was good and refrained from buying, and don't even feel withdrawals! LOL so I guess that's a good thing. You say this is a simple card, but gosh! I thought just the opposite with all the inky layers or GORGEOUS COLORS! Love this amazing creation - truly beautiful! hugs, de

Meggymay said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful Winter card with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Carole Pollard said...

Stunning just love this very classy design Love and hugs Carole x

Katie said...

Gorgeous card

froebelsternchen said...

So beautiful! Thank you for sharing this great card with us at TioT's.
oxo Susi

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Love this Jackie, gorgeous card x

Shabneez said...

Just beautiful Jackie - love the family of deer. Shabneez x

EmmaT said...

Fantastic male card. Thank you for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Emma

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Love your card, Jackie! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Di said...

Wonderful card Jackie - oddly enough, one of the Christmas Draw prizes is quite similar - trees and deer! Great minds and all that.

Hugs

Di xx/

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous card, love the dies. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge. EmmaT

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a beautiful Winter Wonderland! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

How wonderful to be inspired by those new purchases, worth every penny. Your card is a real delight to see and I love the addition of the snowflake banner across the top. Beautiful.
Thank you for sharing over at Try it on Tuesday! Tracey x

Cazro said...

A brilliant card. I love your creative way with dies, Thanks for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.