Followers

Friday 30 November 2018

Christmas Cardinal wrapped up nice and warm

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How has your week been? I had a very busy day yesterday. I got myself to Winchester for an appointment and I managed to do a bit more Christmas shopping. Today will be quieter I have some parcels arriving and of course I am not sure when.

I couldn't resist sharing the card I made with the last of the Christmas Cardinals images from Beccy's Place. I had used the other images and this one needed its turn.


I had this idea in mind. I do love using hexagons and the way that they tessellate. I went through my stash of scraps and found papers with a similar colour palate. I made the design bigger than I needed it so that I could trim it to size. 


As I said he is from the Christmas Cardinals images from Beccy's Place they are available HERE. I made the background for the image in Publisher. This works really well with a pre-coloured image as you can loose the background white colour and pull the image to the front. The sentiment comes with the set. He just looks so cute in his scarf. 


I had some left over deer from another card so I  added two to the card. The ribbon was on a Christmas gift last year. 


I have really enjoyed using this set of images this year. I am sure I will be using them again. This is the last day to enter the November Challenge at Beccy's Place Challenges. I had so much fun joining in with the challenge this year. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Have a great day. I will be back tomorrow with a Design Team Make. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

13 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Awesome Jackie great image from Beccys and I just love these papers I bought a few pads to last me. Lol. Still using years later. Have a good weekend

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card Jackie love the image have a lovely week end
Dianne xx :)

Beccy said...

Love the tessellated background Jackie, hexagons are so versatile. Great idea to use up some of your paper scraps, and great job choosing ones that coordinate so well! The little deer and the piece of ribbon finish your project beautifully. Well done!
Cheers,
Beccy

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

great die cut pattern and an adorable little bird

Janette said...

Its a gorgeous card jackie and I love the DP, very smart....enjoy your day..X

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful, love the background and wonderful cardinal.
Hugs
Linda xxx

karenlotty said...

A lovely “cheeky” card
I have scrolled back an looked at the cards I have missed I especially like the one you’ve made using the branched birches It was a birthday treat from Hochanda I think I might have to treat myself to the deer dies too!

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Helen x

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card Jackie. Enjoy the weekend.

ALI said...

Lovely card Jackie must have taken you ages with all those dies.....

flossbite said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

Laine said...

So colourful and fun Jackie.
Laine
x

Katie said...

This is gorgeous