Followers

Friday 15 January 2021

Valentine's Pop-Up Box Card

 Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How are you doing? I have been doing online shopping. It is so nice when things arrive at the house. I will try not to get carried away. 

I didn't realise quite how hard it would be to make cards for my hubby now he is retired. I have a crafty friend who has had this problem for a while. Now I sympathise hugely. We are meeting for a socially distanced walk later this morning, I can have a chat with her about this and hopefully get some tips. 

Anyway this is the Valentine's Day card I made for my hubby. I kept having to hide it when he came downstairs. 


I made a pop-up card for a Design Team project and I thought it would be nice to make my hubby one.  I do have instructions on my blog showing how to make these. This one is make from an A4 sheet of paper. You can reach my page HERE. 


After that it is just a case of decorating the panels how you feel. I found the heart paper in my stash. I used dies from Tattered Lace. Crafter's Companion and Creative Expressions. 


This is how the card folds up to put in an envelope. 


Not too long and I will be able to give my hubby this card. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Have a good weekend. I hope the weather will be good for walking. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie
Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

22 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful box card Jackie
Gr Karin

Janette said...

Morning Jackie and what a frosty one it is. Your pop up box is gorgeous and I am sure it will be really appreciated.
Have a lovely day with your friend, enjoy.xx

Alison59 said...

WOW this is stunning Jackie :-)

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful box card Jackie. I am sure your hubby will love it. Hugs Anesha

tilly said...

what a lovely box and your husband will love it, I wish I had more patience to make things like this lol xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is lovely, what a great make, Im sure he will love it. You will need to get bells on his slippers so you know he is coming towards the craft room!!! Hope you have a super weekend, Hazelxx

Linda Simpson said...

Very striking pop up card. Love the design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

JD/ Jill said...

Verynicely done popup-card! I'm sure your hubby will love it! I tried to make one of these cards and it was a failure...the card looked nice, but the inside feel apart...I guess I didn't glue it well enough. You are inspiring me to try to do one again (sometime) I have the same problem with making a card for hubby. I have to quick hide my card sometimes so he can't see me working on it.

cuilliesocks said...

The black and red is so striking Jackie, and it's a beautiful box card, all the papers and that heart on the front are wonderful, I'm sure he will love it, Kate x

Doreen said...

A gorgeous creation,love it.xxx

Chris Boldovici said...

Hello, just wanted to say how gorgeous your box card is! Just soso pretty! Hope you will consider following me too as I just did you....

Crafty hugs
Chris B.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Hi Jackie, this card is stunning! love the heart with wings dies and your stitched heart design paper is wonderful. Your husband is going to love this card. Take care. Michelle x

karenlotty said...

I love your pop up card with all of those layers on each panel It really adds impact
You really are the queen of using old cards I look at ones I receive and can never think they can be used!
Your daffodil card is very pretty Nice and cheerful too
I hope you get some tips from your friend I find it hard to go into my craft room now the OH is at home but it’s also become my office and perhaps that’s why I don’t have the mojo to craft .... + the worrying world we live in at the moment
Take care x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous make hun, I'm sure he will love it!
Stay safe xx

ALI said...

This is stunning Jackie!

Mrs A. said...

A very special valentine card indeed. I am sure your Hubby will like it. Fortunately for me The Doc likes to go out on his bike when the weather allows so i use that time to craft anything he is not supposed to see. Hugs Mrs A.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

super cute, I esp love that heart on the bottom of the box. Gorgeous!! die cuts

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful! xoxo

Kathy said...

A fabulous card Jackie!

My OH has regularly worked from home for a couple of days a week, so it wasn't too much of a problem making a card for him on the days he was in the office. That all changed with Covid of course, as he's been working from home full time since last March - and we share the study-craft room!

jane stillman said...

A stunning box

Janice said...

Gorgeous pop-up card Jackie.
Janice x

Birgit said...

This is as sweet as can be! Thanks so much for linking up to the DRU Anything Goes Challenge. Best of luck to you!