Followers

Wednesday 6 January 2021

A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies for a 70th Birthday

 Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How are things going for you with the new lockdown? We are hearing of more and more people who are testing positive. We really do need to take care. I hope we all come through this on the other side. Meanwhile I will be drawing and crafting. 

Here is another 70th birthday card I made. This one was for a good friend. Her birthday is between Christmas and New Year. 


This started life as a  rather pretty old card. I loved the colours and the butterflies. I am tending to make smaller cards because of the postage. I trimmed the card down and I matted and layered it onto a blue card. blank. 


For the strip across the middle I use some of the John Next Door stencils dies for the sentiment and some of the Small Butterflies. The 70 was cut with his Advent Number dies. 


I am not actually sure if this card arrived. I have a feeling that a few things I posted haven't arrived. 
Oh well they might turn up one day. 

Stay safe and take care. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie
Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

16 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Hi Jackie what a beautiful card love the design. As for postage costs I know what you mean. Be nice if 1st class meant 1st class. Take care

Janette said...

Hi Jackie, what a beautiful card, love the butterfly images, are they the sweetest.Sure if it ever arrives it will be treasured, the post can be crazy, I actually recieved a christmas card on monday :)...stay safe.xx

Shabneez said...

Such a beautiful card Jackie. Yes, lock down is necessary for sure! Shabneez x

Alison59 said...

So beautiful Jackie :-)

karin said...

Beautiful card with all the butterflies on it.
Love it!
Karin
Xx

JD/ Jill said...

You've made another beautiful card, and you are reminding me to get working on a card today. I have a long time friend whose birthday is next week. The butterfly is a friendship symbol between us. We started exchanging cards ever year with a butterfly on it.

ALI said...

Great upcycling a lovely design!

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love the butterflies and card design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautifulllllll Jackie
Gr Karin

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Beautiful card Jackie and such a pretty design. Glad to read that you are drawing again. It is a worry to hear that there is a rise in infections, stay safe. Michelle x

cuilliesocks said...

This is so pretty Jackie, the butterflies are lovely and gorgeous colours and design too.
Beat thing to do Jackie, stay home and craft, keep safe, Kate x

Littlelamb said...

A beautiful card Jackie. I always love butterflies on cards. I think we all need to stay in as much as we can, I have to go to the surgery next week for my yearly Diabetic checkup but before that I have to go to pick up a specimen bottle. It seems the only thing the nurse can do is to do the fasting blood test. Have to do everything else myself at home before I go. ☹️

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty xoxo

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is so pretty, what a lovely card, Hazelx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Just stunning Jackie, I love the butterflies

Janice said...

A gorgeous butterfly card Jackie, I love the colours you have used.
Janice x