Followers

Thursday 5 January 2017

Birthday Card

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How is your week going? I am back at work and I have had the back to work headache which is a shame. It really isn't long to the weekend now.

I made this card for the now deceased Fantasy Stampers Challenge blog which closed down at the beginning of January. I was ahead of myself and had made a card for the January challenge that was never to be.


I do love this colour combination I keep having to reorder the card because I keep running out of it. I created the background by putting some Pixie Powders and Brushos onto a craft mat and with water making a puddle of ink, Then in my hand I took the Spring Trail background stamp (designed by John Lockwood for Creative Expressions) and stamped the blue ink all over sheet of water colour card. 


I used a Visible image stamp for the Happy Birthday I stamped it straight on to the card and heat embossed it with a black powder. 


For the centre I used the Going to Seed stamp by Woodware. this was also heat embossed with a black powder. 


I hope the rest of the week is kind to you. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

23 comments:

Stamping Bubbles said...

A lovely card Jackie. Sorry to hear about your headache, I must admit to not looking forward to next Tuesday when I am back in work. The first week back after Christmas is always a tough one, excited children and education are not always a good mix.
Enjoy your weekend
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Lori Kobular said...

I love the flowers with that beautiful background! So beautiful!

Unknown said...

Lovely card Jackie, the background is stunning and so clever. Hope your headache improves, at least it is a short week. Cathy x

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Jackie and love the background.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Laine said...

Its a beautiful colour combo Jackie. So bright and springlike.
Laine
xx

Barbara said...

Love this Jackie.......clever use of Pixie powder xx

Carole J said...

Beautiful card, Jackie! I can see why you love that colour of card so much. Love the brusho stamped background. x

Unknown said...

I love this card Jackie, the background you have created is fabulous and love the centre stamp. Hugs Jennifer xx

Paper and Stuff said...

Hi Jackie
I'm back at work and it's manic. What a shame about the blog challenge shutting down but glad we all get to see your wonderful card. I love it, it's very cheerful and the colours are fab. xx

Donna Ellis said...

How beautiful this silhouette floral grouping is, Jackie! Lovely aqua-blue theme to bring out their delicate petals! Pretty layers and fantastic dancing color all over! hugs, de

Wendy L said...

It is very beautiful Jackie, love the Pixie background. xxx

ALI said...

Lovely card, gorgeous background.

Andree said...

A gorgeous card Jackie. Lovely colours and a fabulous background xx

Rose Andrew said...

Beautiful card and love the stamp ... love the colors as well .
Hugs Rose

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Love this technique and the gorgeous layout. Great work Jackie

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Love this technique and the gorgeous layout. Great work Jackie

Unknown said...

This is so pretty love the background clever you xx

Alison59 said...

Jackie this is stunningly beautiful. Love the colours :-)

Sonia said...

A beautiful card! The background is gorgeous as is the stamp. Fabulous colour scheme.

Crafty Hugs Sonia xx

Hazel said...

Love the beautiful blue. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for our More Mixed Media January challenge – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

Anushree Vaish said...

Lovely Blues..thnks for playing at Craftycreationschallenge.
Anushree(Dt)

Linda said...

Such a pretty card .... love how you've done the background, great colours. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Such a Gorgeous card..Love the bg you have created..Thank you so much for playing with us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Hugs xx Deepti