Followers

Tuesday 3 January 2017

Unicorn Challenge Blog - January Blues (Mostly Blue)

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and the great New Year. The holidays are over for me I am back to work today. I really feel like the countdown to the wedding has started in earnest I do have lots to make. I might be getting some of my local crafty friends to help  me they have all kindly offered.

The new challenge starts day on the Unicorn Challenge blog and the theme is January Blues (Mostly Blue). I do like using blue when I make my cards.


This is the card I made for my future son-in-law when he turned 30 in December. 


This is actually a shaker card that shakes. I cut the Happy with  one of the Perspective dies designed by Sue Wilson. I cut the birthday from the same set lower so I could cover the happy with acetate and then mount it on two layers of foam. The void was filled with 30 confetti and this was backed with blue card. 


The 30th was cut with some X-cut dies I have had for a while. 


I do think the Perspective dies make really good cards for men. I will probably be revisiting this design it is so easy to change the colours and the numbers. 

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

16 comments:

Nataliascraft said...

What a brilliant shaker card, fabulous design x

Alison59 said...

How clever to think to do a shaker. Well done :-)

Unknown said...

Fabulous male card and great idea doing as shaker as well. Hugs Jennifer xx

Linda Simpson said...

Brilliant idea for a male card, love it.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Fantastic 30th birthday card, Jackie! I love that you have done in the true blue colors to go with the challenge! Great card for anyone! (I especially like the papers in the Happy section of your creation!) hugs, de

Carole J said...

Great shaker card, Jackie. Love the die you used and the number 30 sequins - a very cool idea. Hope work went well! xx

Laine said...

Fabulous shaker card Jackie. Beautiful in blue.
Laine
xx

Jan said...

Great card xx Jan

Carole Pollard said...

Love this fab design such a striking card sorry I've not been around much lately lots of visitors staying over the holiday I hope you had a good Christmas and sending Best Wishes to you and your family for 2017 Love and hugs Carole x

Herbaholic said...

Fab card for the menfolk Jackie, love the shaker element :) Making more male themed cards is high on my list this year as I really struggle with them.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Fab card, Jackie! Happy new year!
Hugs,
Em x

Barbara Washburn said...

I was surprised at the shaker part of the card! Great job!

Andree said...

A great card Jackie and a brilliant CAS design xx

Unknown said...

Stunning card Jackie. The design is really clever. Cathy x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Great birthday card

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Great birthday card