Followers

Wednesday 18 January 2017

A beautiful Owl by Pollyanna Pickering

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How is your week going? We have got to hump day half way to the weekend.

Here is a little story: before Christmas I ordered a few bits from Create and Craft. Part of the order arrived well before Christmas but the second part didn't arrive. I had a look at the website and I kept meaning to do something about it but I didn't quite manage to get round to it. Well out of the blue on Monday the package was delivered. It did look like it had been around a bit but the contents were fine. I had ordered some toppers and inserts with images by Pollyanna Pickering from the Creative World of Crafts. So yesterday I had a bit of a play.


I must admit to being rather fond of the image of this owl. The first time I saw it was as a jigsaw. With the mats and layers I tried to reflect the colours in the image. 


I used my favourite Happy Birthday die designed by Sue Wilson. 


This is a beautiful image it was lovely to do as a puzzle. I changed my original design so I could keep Pollyanna's signature visible on the image. 


I made some poppies with the Exquisite Poppy dies and Olive Branch die both designed by Sue Wilson. I do like poppies on cards. 


Enjoy the rest of the week. 


Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

Wendy L said...

Looks lovely Jackie, xxxx

Mrs A. said...

Your poppies are lovely and reflect the picture perfectly. Poppies are one of my favourite flowers. I have a few varieties in the garden. Hugs Mrs A.

Alison59 said...

Jackie this is stunningly beautiful :-)

Alison59 said...

Jackie this is stunningly beautiful :-)

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

This is just stunning and I love those flowers, they just POP. great work

karenlotty said...

Very striking and love how you've matched the colours The poppies are the perfect finishing touch

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous Jackie, love the owl and wonderful papers. The poppies are wonderful too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Unknown said...

A fabulous card Jackie, the owl looks so majestic and love the background design. Hugs Jennifer xx

Sandra Carey said...

Stunning owl and love those poppies too hugs S xx

Laine said...

This is lovely Jackie. Love the sweet owl image!
Laine
xx

Stamping Bubbles said...

This is a beautiful card Jackie. The image is stunning as are all of Pollyanna's images.
I am very glad it is hump day, Friday cannot come soon enough for me this week.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

ALI said...

Gorgeous card and a great design.

Sharon Smith said...

I love owls - and you have done great showcasing this one - Thank goodness your items turn up!

Carole J said...

Such a beautiful card, Jackie. The image is gorgeous and you've done a great job with matching colours in all the layers. x

Lori Kobular said...

Love the matting you did on that beautiful owl! Stunning card!

pam said...

Wonderful card design Jackie, beautiful owl topper.
Pam x

Karenzkardz said...

A vibrant beautiful card. Love the image xx

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Hope to see you back soon again. Anna-Karin DT

Maria Valente said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenges! Hope to see you again!
Hugs, Mary (DT member)

Elizabeth Hart said...

A very beautiful card - amazing colors and love those die cut flowers!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at Crafty Creations challenge, Elizabeth (DT)