Followers

Thursday 12 January 2017

Valentine Hearts

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How is your week going? We actually managed to sneak off to the cinema on Tuesday evening to see Passengers there was a 2 for 1 offer at our local Odeon. My husband got home early and we dashed off to catch an earlier performance,  it was very enjoyable.

While there is a slight lull in wedding makes (I have supplies on order for the invites) I thought I ought to start thinking ahead to cards I might need in the not too distant future. Well February and Valentine's Day are not far away so I decided to make a card for my husband. We usually give each other cards and have a nice meal usually the M & S meal deal.


I started by making all the mats and layers. 


Then I started playing with my dies. I used the Heart of Hearts die set and the Heart Love die set both designed by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions. I remembered that I had bought some Distress Glitter in a sale. I know it is pink but I decided to use it anyway. I was just going to use it on the love die but I liked it so much I used it to edged the Heart of Hearts dies. I didn't use the heart detail this time I embossed the hearts instead. 


The sentiment was cut with a Britannia die. The text layer was a late addition to the design but I think it shows off the hearts nicely. 


So this card is now hidden in a drawer. I can blog and share it on Facebook as he never looks at those. 

Enjoy the rest of the week. Take care, 


Happy Crafting 

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

Wendy L said...

Love it Jackie, xxx

Unknown said...

Super Valentine card Jackie and love that backing. The hearts look fabulous. ~Hugs Jennifer xx

Laine said...

Such a lovely Valentines make Jackie.
Laine
xx

Unknown said...

Jackie this is really stunning. I love the layers. Cathy x

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous Valentine's day card! Hubby and I went the pictures on Monday afternoon to see Rogue One it was great. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's very beautiful Jackie. great design
Gr Karin

ALI said...

Lovely designed card.

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous Valentine's Day card! Your husband will love it! Those hearts are lovely!!

pam said...

Beautiful Valentines day card Annie, wonderful card for your Husband Linda.
Pam x

Carole J said...

A beautiful card, Jackie.! I'm sure your husband will love it. The text is a lovely background for your hearts. x

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful Valentine card, Jackie! So romantic with fantastic layers. Hugs, de

Alison59 said...

This is stunning Jackie :-)

Tracy Welham said...

Lovely card, I love a text or script background it adds so much interest. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Kathy said...

Looks lovely, Jackie. Full of Valentine's "spirit"

Karenzkardz said...

A beautiful card xx

Shabneez said...

Super card for your husband Jackie - I always leave my husbands til the last minute! Shabneez xxx

Herbaholic said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, think I may need to acquire those heart dies! That text paper background really does show off the focal points :) Hugs - Debs x

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous Valentine card for your hubby, love the heart dies, beautiful design Jackie. x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Just stunning Jackie, love the embossing on those red hearts. What a special touch

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Beautifully designed...Love the dies you have used..Thank you so much for playing with us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Hugs xx Deepti