Followers

Thursday 26 January 2017

Mother's Day Card

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How is your week going? It is just a normal working week for us. I did have lunch with a friend yesterday. After we popped into Hobbycraft and I picked up a couple of masks to decorate. We are going to a masked costume ball in March. The hunt for a costume is on it has to be pre 1900 any suggestions are very welcome.

I am still trying to do catch up on my crafty makes. I have made a Valentine's Day card and now I am on to Mother's Day cards.


I love lattices that is why I couldn't resist the Trellis Edger die set by Sue Wilson when it came out earlier this year. This is the first time I have used it. I did extend the die cut as the image is longer than the die. I think I will be experimenting with this die set a bit more. There wasn't really room for a sentiment on the outside so I popped one inside. 


This stamp is the Classic Rose by Heartfelt creations. I stamped it with Watering Can archival ink and then I coloured it with my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens. I really must get some other water based pens I love how the colours move around and what happens when you add water. 


I now just have to decide whether this card is for my Mother-in-law or my Mother. I might wait to see what the other card I make is like. Enjoy the rest of the week. 


Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie, Oh I just love your Mother's day card. That lattice background die looks gorgeous and how you have coloured up the rose is just beautiful. A truly elegant card. Hugs Jennifer xx

Alison59 said...

This is stunning Jackie; love the colours you've used :-)

Wendy L said...

So gorgeous Jackie, love the trellis die, I have a thing about trellis !!!!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful rose and card Jackie

Gr Karin

Jan said...

Gorgeous Jackie xx Jan

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Gorgeous card.....love the image.....Joolsx

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Jackie, love the background and beautiful rose.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Laine said...

Very delicate and so elegant Jackie.
Laine
x

Lori Kobular said...

Love, love, love your beautiful Mother's Day card! A masked ball sounds like so much fun! I have never been to one of those!

Sharon Smith said...

Gorgeous card Jackie! Love how you have colored the roses xx

Hazel said...

Gorgeous - beautiful colours. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 313 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

pam said...

Beautiful card for Valentines day Jackie, love the stamp and dies used.
Pam x

ALI said...

Gorgeous card, I can see why you like the dies.

Carole J said...

Beautiful card, Jackie - lovely image and gorgeous lattice die. Like the text behind the lattice - it adds a lovely touch! x

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful. This is so delicat and lovely
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes JANUARY Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
DL.ART crinkle ribbon
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Shabneez said...

Super card Jackie. Your masked ball sounds like a lot of fun! Shabneez x

Tracy Welham said...

Very beautiful card. The masked ball sounds exciting, good luck with your costume hunt. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

karenlotty said...

Beautiful card It's ashame you don't live closer to me because I have male and female Georgian costumes complete with the white wigs that you could borrow!

Stamping Bubbles said...

A very pretty card Jackie, the rose is beautiful.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Mrs A. said...

The lattice looks just like real lace. Very pretty with the beautiful rose design. Love the colour. hugs Mrs A.

Georgiana said...

Very pretty! Your flowers look amazing!

Barbara said...

What a beautiful card....love that flower stamp, it's so pretty and will be very versatile too. Thanks for popping over to my blog and leaving a comment. Hope you're having a good weekend xx

Maria Valente said...

Gorgeous! Love the design and the colour combo. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenges
Hugs, Mary (DT member)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Jackie. I love the colours and the trellis die is really fabulous. Cathy x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

beautiful coloring! WOW