Followers

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Sympathy Card

My daughter asked me to make this for a work colleague who was called away to visit her sick grandad who unfortunately died. I wanted to keep the card simple as this seemed more fitting. To start with I drew a simple sketch I use this as a way to cement all the ideas that are whizzing round my head.





I wanted to try a silhouette idea but I didn't want it to be black and then I spotted the teal pearlised card in my stash and I was away.The card blank I choose was black and measured 7" x 7". I cut a pale turquoise mat and then a smaller black mat. I took some white pearled card and cut it to size and then inked the edges with a dark blue distress ink. Then it was very exciting because I was able to use the Sue Wilson A4 embossing folder Illusion on the mat I had just inked. It is exciting because I haven't had my grand Caliber very long and ding A4 embossing is still a novelty to me. I am lucky enough to have some of the Sue Wilson Italian collection cutting dies and I used one from the frame set to cut out some turquoise card. I used a tonic circle die to cut a very thin mat. This way the little hearts stood out (I kept the little hearts that came form the waste and they came in very useful).I used a smaller tonic circle die to cut some more white card that was them embossed with a smaller embossing folder. I cut the Spellbinder flower box die and the sentiment out of the teal card that started this journey. Once everything was assembled I took some flat backed pearls and coloured them with Promarkers before sticking them with some stronger glue in the corners.

I am very pleased with the outcome. Thank you for stopping by.

Hugs Jackie



5 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

A beautiful sympathy card,love the embossing and dies(sorry late hopping )
Carol x

Beryl said...

Hi Jackie, a great sympathy card. Makes a change from black and white.

ALI said...

Gorgeous card and colours. Love the design,

Nataliascraft said...

Beautiful card Jackie x

Alizabethy said...

Very stylish and suitable card for a sad occasion.