Followers

Friday 20 February 2015

Easter Cards

Hi My Craft Blog Friends

I hope you have had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend. I am a lot better the antibiotics seem to have done the trick. One slight problem is that my hearing has been affected but I think that will be sorted soon.

I have worked out that I need about twenty Easter cards this year. I don't usually make many Easter cards but this year I am working in a bigger team and they seem to like giving cards. Where I have been ill I have got behind with a lot of my projects. So I needed a simple design that I could make relatively quickie - nothing I make is particularly quick.


This is not unlike the design of the Get Well card I made for myself. I don't usually do gutting when I make cards but I had an epiphany with these cards. I was looking at my Tonic basic square dies and realized that I could cut the the smaller mats from the bigger mats. The card blanks I am using are 6" x 6". The dies work well with this size. 


This is my cutting plate loaded up with dies this means all the coloured card can be cut in one pass through the Grand Calibur. I wouldn't do this without tapping the dies down in place you wouldn't want them to overlap. 
 

The egg is a Spellbinder die. I used the Heart Lattice embossing folder. The inking was done with a Distress ink.  I am  making these in lots of different colours.



I was working on these yesterday and I have made them in  purple, mauve, blue, green, yellow, and pink. I have tried to keep the colours fresh and spring like. 

My plan for Saturday is to work on the wedding invites. My husband is going to help me with the printing and I will make the sample invitation while he is doing that. Then we can arrange another meet up with the happy couple. Have you got any crafty plans?

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

37 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful selection of Easter Cards, love the colours too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sam K said...

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. These look fab xx

jane stillman said...

These are great Jackie, love the different colours you've chosen. Good luck with the wedding invites. What a lovely hubby to help you. Glad the antibiotics have worked for you xx

Alison59 said...

Glad you are feeling better. Lovely set of cards :-)

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a lovely sets of cards Jackie
Gr Karin

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Easter cards Jackie, you have been busy. Going off to the craft show at Leigh tomorrow and hopefully will not spent to much (YER RIGHT) Hugs Jennifer xx

Carole Z said...

Love all these gorgeous Easter cards Jackie, what great colours! Sorry I haven't been liking and commenting on Facebook recently, since I got work busy and was poorly, I have really been 'off' social media for some reason, hugs Carole Z X

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Lovely set of easter cards Jackie...Love the pretty colours..Joolsx

Nataliascraft said...

Beautiful set of Easter cards, love the colours x

Jan said...

Love these fab cards xx Jan

Emma Goddard said...

A great collection of cards Jackie, brilliant xx

Ewelina Nowak said...

wow:) I see U will be ready for Easter:)
hugs :)

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie. A great Easter card design & the cards all look great as a collection with all those lovely colours.
Enjoy your weekend
Amy x

karyn said...

Lovely easter cards and fab colours x

Laine said...

These are lovely Jackie.
Laine
xx

Unknown said...

Jackie, glad you are beginning to feel better hun. Love your cards, very elegant, hugs xxx

Wendy said...

What a great set on Easter cards! Good idea with your dies. Xxx

ALI said...

Great cards, design works well in all the colour combo's.

Unknown said...

Wow, they are brilliant. Saw you in the C and C magazine. Fab!

pam said...

Hi Jackie, glad you are feeling better..
Great Easter cards, look beautiful to say they are quick.
Hugs Pam

Andree said...

Brilliant cards Jackie and a great design. The egg die looks fabulous.
I'm glad you are on the mend x

Sharon Smith said...

Your cards look very elegant xxxx

Unknown said...

What a terrific design to do in large quantities, I love the different colours you have chosen, well done. Lainie xx

Jackie said...

What a beautiful design, and I love all the colourways.
So pleased that you are feeling better now :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards. I love the idea of making multiples but in different colours. Becky x

Anonymous said...

Hello Jackie, a great set of cards. Love them all.

Chrissy xx

Anonymous said...

youve made some lovely cards with the egg die, do like the pattern in the egg :D

Tracy Welham said...

Gorgeous collection, love the same design in different colours, looks so effecive. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Alizabethy said...

What a wonderful design that works so well in the different colours!

Kate M said...

Love the beautiful colours you have used on these cards - lovely design!
xx

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie Pleased to hear you are feeling much better , apart from the hearing! You could have some fun with that! What beautiful Easter cards, really fresh and spring like, you are organised. Enjoy your crafty weekend. Love Diane xxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

What a great Easter card. I just love all the different color combos and the great die cut

Tina said...

Beautiful Easter Cards, love all the colours you have used.xx

Lizzies said...

Love your CAS easter cards, Just hopping by.

Diane said...

Wow love all the color selections and design.

Hugs Diane

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very beautiful Easter cards!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Heike said...

A beautiful design for Easter cards. And the set of all those colourful cards looks just amazing.
Heike xx