Followers

Tuesday 12 April 2016

LOTV Sunflower Wedding and my pictures from Ally Pally

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How has your week been going. I went back to school on Monday and I was on a trip,  this involved standing in the rain for an hour and not managing to get warm all day. The children we took had a lovely time and that is the main thing. If only we had gone today the weather is so much nicer and more of the activities could have been done outside.


We have another family wedding in July this time I am not involved with making anything only our card and a small gift. At Ally Pally on Sunday I got some grey ink, I couldn't get Watering Can but I did get London Fog,  I used it to stamp the sunflowers for the background. They were heat embossed with a clear powder. I chose three shades of Distress ink and inked all over the background. I found the pretty lace in my stash. When I am at Craft shows I often buy bags of off cut  lace and ribbon this gives me the chance to try things out before I commit to buy lots of something. 


The image, which came from the LOTV Occassion 3 stamp set,  was stamped onto watercolour paper with black Archival ink.  I coloured it with my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens and I moved the colour around with a paint brush and some water. I love colouring images this way. 


Here you can see a bit more detail of the background using the grey ink made it more subtle. 

 Here are some of the pictures we took on Sunday when we were at Ally Pally I had such a nice time and everyone was so nice.  


Leonie Pujol 


Julia Watts 


Wendy the Spanish Crafter (she was helping on the Creative Expressions stand)


John Lockwood he gave me back my cards that he had borrowed for some of his Hochanda shows. 


In the packet he popped a lovely stamp set. I will be using that soon. 


Phill Martin


Charlie Hopkins from Hochanda


Sue Wilson


While we were there we attended one of the shows going out live on Hochanda it was the last show of the day. You can just see me poking my head round the presenters waving goodbye. But between them you can see my husband looking rather grumpy. 


This is my stash. Not all of it for me and some of it was free when you sat down to watch the shows being filmed. We did buy two more storage units for my craft bits so we spent loads. 


You might have noticed that there is no sentiment on this card. The finished card will have one but I chose to use a die that I was sent from Tattered Lace recently  and that won't be on sale until the weekend. 

I would like to enter this week's challenge at Through the Craft Room Door.

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting. 

Hugs Jackie

22 comments:

Brawny x said...

Looks like you had a great time. Some fab pics for your memory book. Love the card, great image x

KarinsArtScrap said...

sweet and very beautiful card Jackie, great photo's and gorgeous craft goodies.

Gr Karin

Laine said...

Beautiful card Jackie. Looks like a fun day and fabulous crafting goodies.
Laine
xx

Lori Kobular said...

Love your Wedding card! That stamp of the couple is just darling! I love the background you created with the subtle grey ink! Beautiful card!

Wendy L said...

Lovely card Jackie. Great to meet you and lots of other lovely people at Ally Pally. Xx

Janet Packer said...

Lovely card Jackie, also great to see your photos.

Dawn said...

Great card Jackie! I love your photos from Ally Pally too!
Hark at you on the telly!
Hugs
Dawn xx

pam said...

Beautiful wedding card Jackie.
Great photos from Ally Pally.
Hugs Pam x

ALI said...

Gorgeous card and great photo's sounds like you had fun.

Stamping Bubbles said...

Love the image on your card Jackie and the background you have created is fabulous. It looks like you had a fab time at Ally Pally.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Linda Simpson said...

Looks like you had a great time at Ally Pally and loving the look of your stash too. A beautiful wedding card and loving the background.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely card and you know i love that lace. Yum

Tracy Welham said...

Looks like you had a great time, and bought some fab items, and I can't wait to see what you make with the stamps from John. I love the grey flowers on the card, it gives it a much softer look and works beautifully on your card. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

karenlotty said...

Fabulous card I too like the softness of the grey Look forward to seeing this new TL sentiment but to be honest it looks brilliant without a sentiment I had a fantastic day at AP there was such a lovely friendly relaxed atmosphere about all of it

Herbaholic said...

Such a pretty card Jackie, that background is fab! Looks like you had a fab time at Ally Pally. You got some great stash as well :) Hugs - Debs x

Donna Ellis said...

Very pretty and wonderful details! Thanks for sharing your photos! Hope you are enjoying a great week. Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, de

Andree said...

A lovely card Jackie. Great background and wonderful image. The lace is gorgeous. Glad you had a nice time on Sunday xx

Shabneez said...

Great card Jackie - love the lace. Sounds like you had fun at Ally Pally. Not been for a couple of years now, hopefully next year! Shabneez xxx

Alison59 said...

Super photos - glad you enjoyed it x

Great card :-)

Alison59 said...

Super photos - glad you enjoyed it x

Great card :-)

Diane Green said...

Hi Jackie
What a gorgeous card, love the background and the image is coloured in beautifully. It looks like you had a lovely time and met so many people. I did spot you on tv with the quiet gang behind you!
Love Diane xxx

ScrappyHorses said...

Such a darling card! Love the image with those sunflowers in the bg. Looks like a very fun crafting event! Thanks for sharing with us at TTCRD.
Katrina
ScrappyHorses.blogspot.com