Followers

Tuesday 23 April 2019

Sailing Boat Father's Day Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope that you had a fantastic Easter weekend. The weather was certainly good for getting out and about. My husband had the Wednesday and Thursday off before Easter as well. We were able to get some jobs done in the garden the shed is ready to demolish. We went to the cinema and to the  theatre. We spent some time with friends and family. We even fitted in visits to  two National Trust properties. Of course there was coffee and some cake along the way. Everything is back to normal now. I have two lots of washing drying outside. I think the rest of the week might be a little wet.

Last week when there was time to craft I made my Father-in-law a Father's Day card. He is always pleased to receive my cards and he tells me how much he likes them. As he is loosing his sight I do like to make them textural for him.


The background paper was made by me with some ink on some very shiny paper. I applied the ink with cotton wool dipped in surgical spirit. The clouds, anchors and ship's wheels were added enhance the theme and to add some texture.  


This is the Sailing Boat die for the Stained Glass Collection from Creative Expressions. I cut the die in black and I cut a border for it with the Double Pierced Rectangle dies also from Creative Expressions. I cut a blue mat and I put some double sided sticky sheet on the blue. Then I stuck done the black image. I cut the die several more times so that I could paper piece the scene. When I was happy I covered the remaining sticky with some glass microbeads. 


The sentiment was cut with a Signature die. 


My Father-in-law was in the navy and he likes a nautical themed card. It is fine for me to share it as being 94 he is not in the least bit interested in Social Media. 

I would like to enter the following challenges: 

Enjoy the rest of the week.

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

so beautiful Jackie

Gr Karin

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, the image looks like a stained glass window. Enjoy your week.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

A great textural card for your father in law and fabulous colours too

Good to hear you've enjoyed your jaunts

June x

Monica C. said...

This is so pretty Jackie! I love the colors in the scene and the way they look like stained glass.
Hugs Monica

Dawn Phillips said...

This is just fantastic. I love the bright colours. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

Stamping Bubbles said...

Wow Jackie this is a fabulous card so perfect texturally for your father-in-law. I love the boat die.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Littlelamb said...

A lovely card Jackie and I am sure will be just right for your father in law. Glad you had a good weekend. Mine was very quiet.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a fabulous image, gorgeous card

karenlotty said...

Beautiful card Jackie He’ll love it

Shabneez said...

What a thoughtful card Jackie. Glad you had a good long weekend! Shabneez x

Lori Kobular said...

Wow! What a great Father's Day card! I love that sailboat die and the papers you used are perfect!

Janette said...

Beautiful Jackie..xx

Katie said...

Beautiful card

Darlene said...

WOW ... what a fabulous Father's Day card Jackie!!! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘April Showers (water related)’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card, saw it on FB. Brilliant man card. Xxxx

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's gorgeous, Jackie xoxo

Pat K said...

Beautiful card Jackie. I really like the stained glass effect. hugs, Pat K xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

such beautiful die cuts and I love that stained glass. wow

Birgit said...

This is beautiful! Your paper piecing is perfect!! Thanks so much for joining the DRU "April Shower's" Challenge. Best of luck to you.

Janice said...

Amazing card Jackie, love the die you have used, beautifully paper pieced.
Janice x