Followers

Saturday 11 July 2020

Not Just Cards Challenge Blog - July Challenge - Anything Goes

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope you are all well and doing okay. We had a lovely day out yesterday. We went to Furzey Gardens on the edge of the the New Forest in Hampshire. We met our friends there and we shared a lovely picnic together as well as getting coffee  in the cafe. It was so lovely to be out and to see some gorgeous plants. I was even able to buy a couple of plants for our garden. This year our garden has become very important to us like it has to many people. 

Back to business the July challenge has started at the Not Just Cards Challenge Blog. The theme is the ever popular Anything Goes. 


I have a friend who loves Star Trek (so do I). For her birthday I asked my daughter to draw my friend and her husband as characters from the Next Generation series of Star Trek. My daughter obliged. She has been drawing us as Star Trek characters for years. The moon in the background is my own photograph.  The stars I added were made with a die from the Champagne Bottle die set from the John Next Door range. 
Our challenges are always fun. Click on the logo and you will be taken to the blog. 


When my friend saw the image she was just so thrilled. I have asked my daughter to draw me some Doctor Who themed images. I know people like seeing themselves as their favourite characters. 


There is a little story with the matching gift bag. My friend, saw a gift bag I made on Facebook and challenged me to make a Star Trek themed one. That's how it all started. 

Have a great weekend. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie
Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

18 comments:

Alison59 said...

OOOOH Jean-Luc and Beverley; a match made in the stars (can you tell I'm a Trekkie too!) Super card Jackie :-)

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous personalised card and image no wonder they were thrilled and ou daughter is very talented.Glad to see you enjoyed your day out and picnic-we had torrential rain here after an early sunny start!
Carol x

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Love this image on your cute card Jackie. Good to hear you enjoyed your day out too

Have a good weekend

June x

karin said...

Fabulous that drawing made by your daughter! Such a great personalized card!
Well done Jackie !
Karin
Xxx

Judy V said...

How fabulous this is Jackie! Your daughter is very talented!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, what a great card and I love your daughters drawings!! I actually wondered where you got the images from as was off to nosey at the store!!! Hope you have a lovely weekend, Hazelxx

karenlotty said...

Oh Jackie This card is tremendous Your daughter is a very talented artist I recently needed a Superman image How lovely it would have been to have the recipient as the image!
I loved your Get Well card and the Flower Fairies I have that Spellbinders die and forget to use it So thanks for the reminder
Take care x

karenlotty said...

PS I love the simple cards which is a phase I’m going through too!

Linda Simpson said...

Such a fabulous card Jackie, I love the images and sure your Star Trek friend will love it too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, you have a very clever daughter. x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

O wow, these are amazing Jackie, so clever. I absolutely love these!! Take care Michelle x

Janette said...

This is just so lovely Jackie and so personal to the couple, your daughter has talent, must take after Mum. Glad you enjoyed your day out.xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

great and fab card Jackie
Gr Karin

Gwyneth said...

A great looking card and gift bag Jackie. I love seeing the variety of things you make.
GG

Wendy L said...

What a great drawing yourdaughter has done, super card Jackie, xxxx

pinkclover.cards said...

Love this Jackie! Your daughter's a talented drawer.
Live long and prosper! ( as they say in the Trekkie universe!).
Fatima x

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's fab, Jackie xoxo

KathyA. said...

I stumbled upon your card and am so glad that I did. It is amazing... and so is your daughter! If she hasn't already started... she could make a nice business on special orders. I can't imagine how exciting it would be to receive such a card. TFS Kathy A from https://myasperations.blogspot.com/