Followers

Saturday 12 July 2014

Hearts and music 80th Birthday Card

Hi Crafty friends

As you can see from my previous post this has not been a good week for me with the death of my aunt. I have also been very busy crafting. Why is when you are really busy that is when people ask you to make cards for them. I do find it hard to say no as there is something special about being asked to make something for an important time in their lives. I'm rambling, on to the card. This one was a commission for a wife to give her trumpet playing husband.


There are lots  of musically themed elements: the backing paper, the Tattered Lace die cuts and the embossing folder.

The hearts were made from a Spellbinders die set. I covered a piece of card with a double sided sticky sheet and then die cut the two heart shapes. This way the sticky sheet goes right to the edge of the shape and I covered it with Morris Dance gilding flakes by Indigo Blue. The with the filigree part of the dies and the outer hear die I cut the top layer and stuck these on top of the gilding. 


This is a Tattered Lace die and I must admit that it did cut beautifully.


I do like keeping the insert simple so that there is room to write.

Have a great weekend what ever you are doing.

Thanks for stopping by and for any comments you might leave. 

Hugs Jackie




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, do like how you have done the hearts

Lorna said...

Gorgeous card, love the music notes, lovely colours and design

have a lovely weekend
Lorna xx

Lizzies said...

Beautiful card, just hopping by.

Dips said...

gorgeous card, Jackie, I love all the details. I'm sure it was very well received.

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Jackie x