Followers

Wednesday 21 September 2016

Home for Christmas

Hi My Crafty Blog Friends

How is your week going? Somehow my afternoons are becoming very busy and not much crafting is happening that isn't what I expected to happen. Tomorrow we are off to see Mamma Mia at the Mayflower Theatre in Southampton I am very excited.

I was thrilled when I received the free gift with Simply Cards and Papercraft this month. There is an embossing folder, some dies and some stamps. Here is the card I made.


The brick paper is some textured white paper from my stash that was inked with Distress Ink. The door and the frame were created with the embossing folder. I embossed it  in white and cut out the whole frame and then I embossed it in black and cut out the door. I did a black door as our daughter's new house has a black door. The knocker and the letter box were stamped with Perfect Medium and heat embossed with a silver powder. 


The wreath was made with the dies that came with the set. I did have a lot of fun sticking the berries on. 


The lamp was stamped with Perfect Medium and heat embossed with a copper powder.


The urn and the foliage were stamped and cut out by hand. 


Here you can see me and my husband on the front row of the audience watching Sue Wilson at Ally Pally last weekend. Yes we were on telly again. It was wonderful watching Sue demonstrate. 


I was rather pleased with how this card turned out. All I added apart from card was a sentiment cut with some Britannia dies. 


I hope enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

23 comments:

Alison59 said...

This is great Jackie :-)

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love the design. Looks like you had a great time at AllyPally. x

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautifullll Jackie
Gr Karin

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Jackie. A great photograph of you and hubby too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Stamping Bubbles said...

This is a stunning Christmas card Jackie, it was a fabulous free gift wasn't it? Love the TV picture. Enjoy Mamma Mia.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Laine said...

Such a fun card Cathy and looks like a fun time!
xx

pam said...

Wonderful Christmas card Jackie.
Sorry for no comments just back from Holiday.
Pam x

Andree said...

A super card Jackie, such a lot of work has gone into it. Glad you had a nice time at Ally Pally xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

that's just precious Jackie. Great job.

Alizabethy said...

Great card - I bet it took a while to put together!

Unknown said...

Super card Jackie, love the layout. What a super free gift. Nice photo of you and hubby enjoying Ally Pally. Hugs Jennifer xx

Tracy Welham said...

Lovely card, beautifully put together. Great photo. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Kathy said...

Lovely card! That looks a wonderful freebie

Carole J said...

Great card, Jackie - love all the little details you included! What a fab free set - don't know how I missed that one. x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card Jackie....lovely design....Joolsx

Janet Packer said...

Lovely card Jackie - what fabulous freebies!

ALI said...

Great use of your freebies lovely card.

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Jackie. I collect all the magazine freebies and rarely use them so this is very inspiring. Cathy x

Donna Ellis said...

So lovely, Jackie! Beautifully rich colors!

Alison59 said...

Jackie, I hold you responsible for making me go out and buy this mag ha ha ;-)

Alison59 said...

Jackie, I hold you responsible for making me go out and buy this mag ha ha ;-)

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful Christmas card! I love the planters and the wreath on your front door!

Helen said...

Great card, Jackie - love the scene you've created.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage.

Helen x