Followers

Monday 19 March 2018

Kinetic Father's Day Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How was your weekend? We worked on the wedding invitations but they are still not finished frustratingly the design keeps changing. We were hoping to visit on Sunday but the snow put us off.  This week ahead I will be helping at two Felting Workshops as one was postponed because of the previous snow.  I do enjoy these workshops and I am learning a lot. I was thrilled with the pot I made a few weeks ago. It is a lovely fluid craft you are never quite sure how things are going to turn out.

I have been trying to get ahead with my cards again. With this in mind  I managed to get the latest issue of Papercraft Essentials Magazine. The free gift was a Kinetic Creations Spinner & Slider Stamp and die set. There were also bonus papers to download from the magazine's website.


I used a cloud embossing folder for the back layer. The scene was one of the free papers to download. 


This balloon was stamped and then coloured with Copic pens. I mentioned to our daughter that I wanted to try them and she lent me hers. Which is very kind of her. I am so used to Promarkers I think it will be hard to change. The slot was cut with a die from the set. The smaller balloons were stamped with one of the stamps from the set. The balloon doesn't slide as smoothly as it might but it was my first attempt. 


This is such a useful die I use it every year it is a Signature die. 


Like usual when I make cards ahead I just have to remember where I have hidden them when the time comes. 

I hope you have a great week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

26 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Jackie, this is stunning!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Nataliascraft said...

What a stunning card Jackie, beautiful scene and fab sentiment die, love it x

Wendy L said...

Wonderful Jackie, I have never made one of these cards and this one is gorgeous, xxx

Laine said...

This is fabulous Jackie, so much depth and dimension. I started off colouring with Promarkers, then moved onto Spectrum Noirs which are a more diverse colouring medium. Pomarkers are OK (in my opinion). Spectrum Noirs or Copics will lift your colouring to another level. Just my personal opinion having tried all of the products and hope it helps Jackie.
Laine
x

ALI said...

Great card.

Alison59 said...

Fabulous card Jackie :-)

Janis Lewis said...

Fabulous balloon Father's Day card! So pretty and colorful.

Patricia said...

Fantastic card Jackie, love everything about it.
This blooming snow has lots to answer for 😀😀😀
Have a good day
Patricia xx

Tracy Welham said...

Fabulous Father's Day card Jackie. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Lori Kobular said...

I love the way you colored those balloons! Such a great Father's Day Card!

Janet Packer said...

Lovely card Jackie. I’m hoping to get the magazine soon, as I love making kinetic cards.

Gwyneth said...

Fab Father's Day card. Sometimes I take a cotton bud dipped in talc and dab it behibd the spinning image on the foam if it doesn't spin freely.
GG

pam said...

Fantastic card Jackie, fabulous colours and details.
Hugs Pam x

Brawny x said...

What a great card Jackie. X

Andree said...

A fabulous card Jackie. A lovely scene and brilliant design xx

Sylvia said...

Wonderful Father's Day card, beautiful bright colours and I love the spinner balloon element.

Sylv xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

This is gorgeous, Jackie xoxo

Stamping Bubbles said...

Wow I love this card Jackie. Kinetic cards are always a mantlepiece pleaser especially for those tricky men in our lives, they seem to love things that are engineered.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Shabneez said...

Brilliant Father's Day card Jackie. I love the kinetic element to it. Shame the wedding invites are not going to plan. Hope the final design is confirmed soon. Shabneez x

Unknown said...

Stunning card Jackie, I do love hot air balloons and the kinetic card design is fabulous. Cathy x

karenlotty said...

Great card Hot air balloons just cry out for slider cards

Kathy said...

Great idea. I love to see hot air balloons

htondre@aol.com said...

What a great Father's day card

Janice said...

Fabulous idea, i love your hot air balloon scene Jackie.
Janice x

Kerri-Ann Briggs said...

Great card, I got this magazine freebie too. I love it!

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Great card Jackie x