Followers

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Christmas Decorations for a Tea Dance Group's Christmas Tree

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? I had a lovely day out at Hinton Ampner near Alresford in Hampshire. The lower floor of the house was decorated beautifully. But the icing on the cake was that there was a Murder Mystery to solve as you went round. We had to go round twice as the decorations took our breath away but we did solve the puzzle.

I was asked to make some Christmas tree decorations for a Tea Dance group that meets in a local village. The village church holds a Christmas tree festival each group that meets in the village add a tree. This all happened last weekend. The trees have all been taken down now.


I was give the brief that the decorations had to be red and white. I used the First Dance Signature die to cut the dancing couple. The Tea-cup die was free with a magazine. 


The ornaments are double sided. I cut the die from the back of the paper as well as the front so there would be glitter on both sided. 


I have seen pictures of the decorations in place they did look good. I used red and white baker's twine to attach the decorations. 


This is one of the first displays you see when you enter the house at Hinton Ampner. 


This cheeky robin was outside the cafe it was almost like he was posing he stayed there for ages. 


I used the first dance die to make a couple of Christmas cards for some ladies who attend the Tea Dance. I have been wanting to share these decorations for a while now. Now the event is over I think it is okay to do so. 

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Oh Jackie these re all fabulous and love the little cups perfect for the group I bet they looked awesome. Merry Christmas. Hugs Sue xx

jane stillman said...

What fabulous decorations and so apt. Love the photos, especially of the cheeky robin. Brilliant cards too x

Janette said...

Jackie these are simply gorgeous they really are, I also love the photo of the Robin, how perfect...sounds like your having a lovely time, enjoy...xx

Gwyneth said...

Fab decorations and fab cards. I love your robin photo as well.
GG

tilly said...

Those dies are just perfect for your decorations, but also the cards, well done xx

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous decorations and wonderful table decorations. I do love the robin.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jan said...

They are all fabulous Jackie xx Jan

Littlelamb said...

Love these decorations and the photo of the robin.

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are so pretty, Jackie xoxo

Janet Packer said...

They all look gorgeous Jackie.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

These are so very pretty. I just love the die cuts and the beautiful colors you used

Janice said...

These are fabulous Jackie, just perfect for the occasion.
Janice x

Mrs A. said...

Your decorations for the tree are fabulous and I bet they loved them. Such a novel idea. One group in our village made lots of Christmas angels and hung them around the village one evening with a note attached that said if you found one you could take it home. They hung 119 up and they all went. Hugs Mrs A.

Mrs A. said...

P.s. I have just heard from a blogging friend that Google + is being phased out next year by Aug 2019 so hang onto blogger. Hugs Mrs A.

Shabneez said...

Stunning projects Jackie! Shabneez x

Carole J said...

How stunning! Your dancer tree decorations are adorable, Jackie, and the matching cards are beautiful too. Lucky recipients! x

Katie said...

Fabulous decorations