Followers

Thursday 21 November 2019

Moving Along with the Times Challenge blog - the theme is Steampunk

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope you are all well. At the moment we will be having breakfast on our cruise. When we get home I will catch up with all the blogging and comments, I will also let you know how our holiday went.

Today the new challenge starts at the Moving Along with the Times (MAWTT) Challenge blog. The theme of the challenge is Steampunk. I have to admit this is one of my least favourite themes, I do struggle to make this style of card.


Anyway I will always have a go at a challenge. I created the background with some cog stamps that came free with a magazine. I heat embossed and used Distress inks to make a resist background. 


Why not come a join in with our challenge and show me how this can be done properly. Click on the logo and you will be taken there. 


I have had this stamp for a while it is a Heartfelt Creations stamp called All Geared Up. I stamped in black and coloured with my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens. I made a frame with the Double Pierced Rectangle dies from Creative Expressions. 


I treated myself to the John Next Door Cogs Media Dies. I cut them with black card and used Pebo Gilding Wax on them. Can you see the brad in the corner it is the centre of one of the cog dies. 


I wasn't sure how much I would use the cogs dies but I needed them for a card that I made for our son-in-law. So I think they were a good investment. 


Have fun whatever you are doing. I will catch up with everyone soon. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

20 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous steampunk card Jackie, I love a bit of steampunk, must get my thinking cap on and have a play along.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Janette said...

Great steampunk with all the cogs and wheels Jackie, you nailed it.
Hope your enjoying the cruise and sunshine...xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Jakie,
what a very brilliant design for the Steampunk challenge.
I must admit I struggled with this one too.
Love the use of the cogs and the image.
Hope all is well on you cruise.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Nataliascraft said...

This is brilliant steampunk card Jackie, great design and colours.
Have a wonderful time away xx

Christine Harrop said...

I struggled with this one too Jackie but you have done a fabulous job. I love all the cogs . Enjoy your cruise. Hugs Christine xx

Donna Ellis said...

Never would I have guess this theme was difficult for you, Jackie! The card is amazing, and completely steam-punky, too! Your rich colors especially draw me into all the workings and layers of your project. It's wonderful! hugs, de

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Jackie
Thanks for creating your gorgeous DT card for the ‘Steampunk’ challenge... loving all the colours and layers. Have a lovely fortnight until our next Team B challenge.
Crafty Hugs
Diane Louise (Team Leader, MAWTT) xx

Littlelamb said...

Brilliant card Jackie. I love doing steampunk cards and have quite a few cog dies and an embossing folder and stencil. Hope you are enjoying your cruise. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Wendy L said...

It looks wonderful Jackie.
Enjoy your cruise, xxxx

Shabneez said...

Wonderful card Jackie - hoping you're having fun on your cruise! Shabneez x

Kathy said...

This looks fab Jackie, I love steampunk but don't use the idea very often, but I always enjoy it when I do!

Alison59 said...

I am not a fan of steampunk either Jackie but you have made a great creation here :-)

Em Louise Fairley said...

Great card, Jackie xoxo

pam said...

Fantast card Jackie, brilliant steampunk design
Hugs Pam x

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Super design Jackie, hope you're having a great holiday

June :)

karenlotty said...

I love the look of steampunk but can never achieve the right idea You’ve nailed it

ALI said...

Fab card, I've never managed steam punk...lol

Furrbster said...

This si fabulous - great inking!

Hugz Tinz

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow just stunning Jackie

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Brilliant card! Really love steampunk and all those cogs look fabulous on your card. Michelle x