Followers

Saturday 28 December 2019

Exploding Box 60th Birthday card for my Hubby

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope that you had a good Christmas. We have had a busy few days visiting various relatives. Hopefully all will be a bit calmer now.

Back in the summer my lovely Hubby turned 60 (free prescriptions here he comes). We had a few days away and that was followed by not one but two tea parties. I realised recently that I hadn't shared the main card that I had made for him. Often between Christmas and New Year I share my top ten cards. This year I will just be sharing the special card I made for my Hubby.


I decided to make an exploding box card. I made this one larger so that I could fit in more photos. 


I used a selection of dies to decorate the various pages. I printed the photos I needed from the files on our computer. 


The papers were in my stash. I used two sheets of A3 card to make the box and all the layers.


The photo in the middle is held in place with gel glue that was allowed to set. 


All the photos in the card represent special memories or special people. This photo is of my Hubby and daughter on the Rock n Roller Coaster at Disneyland Paris. 


My Hubby loves music and he used to play guitar until his fingers got bad. 


We were away for his actual birthday. I had to leave this card at home and I made a flat one that would travel in hand luggage by train. My Hubby loved this card when he got to see it. There are many photos of many happy memories. 

I did make a video but it was too large to upload onto my blog. 

The next time I post it will be 2020. I would like to wish you all a very Happy New Year. 



2020 New Year GIF - 2020 NewYear HappyNewYear GIFs

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

Alizabethy said...

What an amazing piece of work - such a special card for a special birthday!

Janette said...

Jackie its stunning, alot of work but so worth all the effort, what a wonderful keepsake.
Here's wishing you a happy new year.xx

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Jackie this is stunning and lots of beautiful memories! I wish you a fabulous 2020.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh Golly, this is such a special card adn a super keepsake too!! Love the photo memories you have shared in it, Hope he had a lovely birthday, could do with it being summer again now!! Brr!!! Have a lovely New Year when it arrives, Hazelxx

Littlelamb said...

A gorgeous card Jackie. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow this is just amazing! Love it

brenda said...

Such a super creation and wonderful keepsake, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our current theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Wendy L said...

Stunning Jackue, I bet he loved it and a real treasure too, to keep, xxxx

Donna Ellis said...

Wow, Jackie! What a precious, beautifully-made, wonderful gift! I especially like the presentation because he can keep it on a desk top or even on his dresser, instead of a large album. I am speechless at your creativity and at all those marvelous layers! hugs, de

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Jackie

Happy New Year’s Eve and a Fantastic / Creative 2020
Fijne Nieuwsjaar’s Avond en een Fantastisch / Creatief 2020
Gr Karin


Furrbster said...

Brilliant!!

Hugz Tinz

Linby said...

An amazing piece of work for a special occasion.
Thanks for joining in with my anything goes challenge at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

pam said...

Fabulous project Jackie
Happy New Year
Hugs Pam x

Janis Lewis said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE YOUR BOX of memories! I have got to try this. Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs, and have a fabulous new year!

ALI said...

Amazing work I love it, I've made a few of these and really enjoy them x

Janice said...

An amazing card Jackie, a great keep sake for your hubby.
Janice x

Mervi said...

Thank you for sharing your huge box card over at Allsorts Anything goes Challenge. Happy New Year;-))m

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Carole J said...

Your husband must have been delighted with this gorgeous exploding box card! It's a lovely idea to place special photos in the tiers and I'm sure this will be treasured and displayed for many, many years to come! xx