Followers

Monday 9 December 2019

Poinsettia decorated Christmas Box

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How was your weekend? On Saturday we visited my parents and significantly managed to get them to agree to have a live in carer. I just have to get that sorted now. We followed this by meeting up, for a Christmas meal, with our daughter, son-in-law and his parents. The venue was the Heron on the Lake in Fleet and they do a very good festive meal. On Sunday we caught up on lots of Christmas jobs. I have felt like I have been chasing my tail since we came back from holiday.

My mother-in-law loves good quality dark chocolate (much like me). We usually buy her several bars of chocolate and I make a box for them. She uses the boxes I make for many different things.


I do like making boxes. Using a scoring board makes this very easy. Before I make the box up I cut the lattice into the card stock and stick some acetate behind. 


The Poinsettias were made with dies from the John Next Door range. I added a ribbon to make the box more festive. 


I know my mother-in-law will love this box. I wonder what she will use it for afterwards. 

We are doing something very exciting tomorrow. With friends we  are going  to see Michael BublĂ©
at the O2 in London. Our travel plans have been affected by the strikes but that is all sorted now. I will let you know how we get on. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Have a great week

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

23 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Such a lovely box. I have a few of Janette she sends me. I use for my bits like diecuts

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Absolutely gorgeous box Jackie and you know I also love making them too

Your mother in law will treasure it

Enjoy Michael, isn't he a fabulous singer?

June :)

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous box for your mum in law, love the beautiful flowers. Enjoy yourself tomorrow xx

Janette said...

Beautiful box Jackie and I always think its more thoughtful to do this, and as Sue says she has a good few by now, I can't help myself..Enjoy the concert.xx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous box Jackie, love the design. Have fun at the concert.
Hugs
Linda xxx

ALI said...

That is beautiful, she will love it x

Christine Harrop said...

This is such a beautiful box and will certainly be something to keep and re-use. Hugs Christine x

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful box with gorgeous poinsettia's Jackie
Gr Karin

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a gorgeous present and with chocolate too, yummy. Enjoy the concert

Donna Ellis said...

Oh, Jackie! What a lovely presentation! Someone will feel very special with this gift.
hugs,
de

Littlelamb said...

Beautiful box Jackie. Thank you for sharing this.

Wendy L said...

It looks beautiful Jackie, I,m sure she will love it. Xxx

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's so pretty, Jackie xoxo

Alison59 said...

Wow this is stunning Jackie :-)

Gwyneth said...

Absolutely fantastic Jackie. I love it.
GG

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Wow! Beautiful box Jackie and those poinsettias are gorgeous. Hope you are keeping well Michelle x

Judy McKay said...

Very pretty decorated Christmas box. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this weeks. Judy DT

Janice said...

Beautiful gift box Jackie.
Janice x

Ewelina Nowak said...

This is best ever box that I seen, great job!

Josephine said...

What a beautiful gift box!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers, and best wishes for the Festive Season.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow great die cuts

Maikreations said...

That is a beautifully decorated gift box! Thank you for sharing your Christmas project with us at the Crafty Cardmakers! Have a wonderful Christmas (week), lots of fun time with your family friends and stamps! Happy crafting, Maike

Debbie Adams said...

Such a beautiful gift box for the holidays. Thanks for sharing with us at IAAS challenge #73.
Debbie DT