Followers

Thursday 9 January 2020

Nativity Scene Twisted Easel Christmas Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? I have been busy with a few things and I am finding it hard to fit in much crafting. I seem to need a specific goal to get going. I am hoping to make a gift bag and card for a friend who is having an operation next week. That should be enough motivation to gee me along.

In the meantime I have been looking through my files for cards that I have not shown you yet. Through the year I make a lot of Christmas cards and here is one of them that never had its day on the blog.


I do like making Nativity themed Christmas cards. I was thrilled when John Lockwood came out with the Nativity Scenes die set for his John Next Door range. All the layers were cut with the Double Pierced Square dies from Creative Expressions. 


I used together the O Little Town Scenes and the Nativity Scenes die set from the John Next Door range. I cut them twice once in black and once in Rose Gold (I love that colour). I used the Rose Gold as a shadow to highlight the dies. 



The sentiment was cut with another John Next Door die. In the background I used the Snowflake Embossing folder that came with the John Next Door craft magazine. The paper at the back of the Nativity Scene came from the magazine to. 


I would just like to say that I do appreciate everyone who visits my blog and especially those who take time to leave a comment. I know blogging isn't as popular as it was a few years ago. We have been through quite a few changes. Also there are some changes coming up for me personally.  I have decided that I am going to keep up with my blog but maybe I won't be posting as often.  I will still be around and I will keep visiting my crafty friend's blogs and leaving comments. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Enjoy the rest of the week

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

25 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous cards shape today Jackie

Kathy said...

Happy New Year Jackie

This is a beautiful card

pinkclover.cards said...

Beautiful card Jackie. The black and rose gold is very striking.
Fatima x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is stunning, I love that die set and what you have done with it. A beatiful card, Hazel xx

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card Jackie, love the design and wonderful shadow you have created which gives it dimension too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card and dies Jackie
Gr Karin

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Jackie. Love the twisted easel design. xx

Carole J said...

A truely beautiful card, Jackie - love the fold and the dies! xx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Stunning card Jackie

I quite understand what you mean in this post, take care!

June :)

Littlelamb said...

Lovey card Jackie. Sorry I am late but Thurs is always a busy day.

Mrs A. said...

This is a gorgeous twisted easel card. The nativity scene looks just right with all the layers you have created. Hugs Mrs A.

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Jackie! I love the unique fold. Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

Wendy L said...

A stunning card Jackie, lots of work with all those layers but worth it.
I have often thought about packing up blogging but I think I would regret it. I am enjoying my study course though and my challenge that John next door set me is taking alot of my time.
Have a nice day. Xxx

Janette said...

Love the layers Jackie and the deep colour, gives it a real sense of time.
Have a lovely weekend, I think alot of us are suffering loss of mojo, I have found that I really can't colour after the break, I need to start again...xx

Tracy Welham said...

Gorgeous Jackie, I love the hint of rose gold. Have a lovely weekend. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

BrendaB said...

This is just beautiful! I love the way you offset the layers to create the shadow - really makes the images pop. Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenges

Em Louise Fairley said...

So beautiful, Jackie xoxo

ALI said...

Beautiful Jackie the scene really pops x

Shabneez said...

Beautiful scenic card Jackie. Shabneez x

Alison59 said...

This is perfect Jackie :-)

MagsB said...

What a gorgeous, dramatic Christmas card, Jackie! I love the striking black and gold colour combo! Thanks for joining in at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge!

love Mags B x

Marie Bingaman said...

Oh my, your card is so very pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at CCAYR! :)

~Marie B -DT

Janice said...

A stunning Christmas scene Jackie, love the colours.
Janice x

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous scene and I love the unusual shape you used for the card base. The shadowing technique is awesome!
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Dorte said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Jackie....love the fold. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at ABC Christmas Challenge. Hope we see you back again next month!!
Dorte x