Followers

Saturday 11 January 2020

Not Just Cards Challenge Blog - January Challenge - Anything Goes

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope you are enjoying the weekend. Today we are having a real treat and meeting our good friends at a local garden centre for breakfast. I just love going out for breakfast. On Sunday we are meeting with my husband's brothers and their wives to discuss the care of my husband's parents and their finances. We are hoping to fit in a visit to my parents as well. Weekends are still busy.

It is time for the January challenge at the Not Just Cards Challenge blog to start. The theme is Anything Goes.


I was asked to make this card by a friend (the one we are meeting for breakfast today) for her friend who was going to be 70. I was told that she likes dogs and gardening. 


Our challenges are always Anything Goes why not come and join in with the fun. Click on the logo and you will be taken to the blog. 


The images I used came from a Hunkydory kit that came free with a magazine. The papers I used on the card came from the kit too.  The frame was created with a Spellbinders die. 


I liked this image because it suggested gardening and it had a little bird in it just like the one looking at the dog in the top image. 


I cut the two ornamental trees with a Creative Expressions die. 


I used a mix of dies to create this for the number. 


I was told that the friend was very pleased with this card. It is worth having so much stash when you get unusual requests for cards. 

I would like to enter the following challenges: 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

23 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

No wonder she loved it, fab card. We love going out for brekkie too, enjoy

Alizabethy said...


All the elements work so well together - great card!

Donna Ellis said...

It's so pretty! I love that your collage was done with metallic highlights and beautiful elements that are full of love! It's a wonderful customized card. Jackie, I apologize for not being able to read the blog post. The font on your blog is so tiny, these old eyes cannot see it. Wishing you a fantastic week-end! hugs, de

Janette said...

A wonderful card Jackie, it ticks all the boxes for sure.
Have a lovely day with your friends and I hope you can sort things out for your parents in law, hard times.xx

Aunty Sue said...

Great card Jackie love the cutie puppy have a good weekend and hope thing with the Parents in law gets sorted

Pat K said...

What a beautiful collage you have created on this gorgeous card. I do love that sweet little dog. Hope things go well in sorting out the in-laws. hugs, Pat K xx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, loving the sweet puppy and all the elements too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Jackie with lots of lovely elements, xxxx

Nataliascraft said...

What a gorgeous card Jackie, you added lots of beautiful details xx

pam said...

Gorgeous work Jackie
Pam x

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card. Hope the weekend goes well.

karenlotty said...

Enjoy your breakfast I must admit that I too enjoy going out for breakfast Is it because we tend not to do it as often..?
Lovely card Jackie No wonder your friend’s friend loved it

Alison59 said...

Oh this is gorgeous Jackie :-)

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card Jackie....just right for a 70s birthday....Joolsx

ALI said...

Sweet card Jackie x

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card.

Kathy said...

The perfect 'made just for you' card. I bet it will be loved

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's stunning, Jackie xoxo

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful! Perfectly personalized, too. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!

NanaConnie said...

This is incredible, Jackie, and that puppy topper is so precious! He looks like he's love a hug and I'd love to give him one. :-D Putting on a DT hat - I want to thank you for supporting us by entering your project in our “Anything Goes with a Critter” challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. Good luck in the draw and please come play again.
NanaConnie DT

htondre@aol.com said...

Super cute

Lori Kobular said...

What an awesome card for a dog lover and gardener! It is perfect!

Janice said...

A wonderful keepsake card for a special birthday.
Janice x