Followers

Thursday 19 July 2018

Moving Along with the Times (MAWTT) - Wild Animals

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

Just a quick update. As many of you know my father was taken into hospital last Sunday. He was severely hydrated. He is still in hospital and still on a drip. There is a problem with his heart and he is still rather confused. My mum is very needy and requires a lot of support. We have tidied the house and made sure all the food is fresh. So far we have visited each day and taken my mum to visit my dad. My poor husband is working mornings coming home and taking me to Fleet and then to and from the hospital. We get back home late evening.  It is exhausting. All this is why I am not around much at the moment.

Today the  new challenge starts at the Moving Along with the Times (MAWTT) Challenge blog and this time the theme is Wild Animals. 


As soon as I think about wild animals I go to all the images I have by Pollyanna Pickering. I have the A Winter's Day Decoupage Popper Pad and I like owls. I chose the Barn Owl image from the pad. 


Please join in with our Wild Animal challenge. 


I took one of the sheets and I die cut the owl with a Spellbinders Deckled Rectangle die. Then I cut a black mat for it with the largest die in the set. Then I realised that it would fit back onto the original sheet from the pad. 


I matted and layered and added a sentiment. Card done. 


A nice thing happened  when the girl who comes to do my Sport's Massage saw this card she asked if she could have 5 of them. She is a Brownie pack  leader and she wanted them for her fellow leaders. I have made all the cards now. At the moment she is out in Italy supporting one of the British Women's Cycling Teams. 

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's very beautiful Jackie

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Hi Jackie

Great card and I really like how you've framed the owl

Happy crafting....

June/DT

Jane Willis said...

Jackie, I live in Fleet so if there's anything I can do to help, do let me know

Doreen said...

Love the fab image,a gorgeous card.xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
firstly I do hope your Dad gets better soon and your work load eases.
Never worry about blogging that always takes a back seat were family is concerned.
Such a very worrying time for you.
I love this wonderful card and that image is gorgeous and such a great design too.
Beautiful Christmas card no wonder that lady wanted more of them.
Love and big crafty hugs. Jenny L.

Hazel said...

I hope things settle down very soon for you. I know how difficult it is when you have two households to look after plus visiting. Your card is lovely and perfect for the Brownie leaders. Hazel x

Tracy Welham said...

Really gorgeous festive make Jackie. Sorry you are going through such a tough time at the moment. I hope your dad recovers soon.
Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Caz said...

Beautiful Jackie....but shhhhh to xmas lol

Caz xx

Wendy L said...

Super card Jackie thank you, xxxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Jackie, I hope that your dad recovers soon hun and sorry you are going through a tough time at the moment.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hope that all settles down for you soon with Dad being ill. Love your card its stunning, Thats a brilliant idea for the Brownie Leader!! Sending You all Hugs, Hazelxx

Liz said...

Super owl Christmas card, Jackie and so perfect for Brownie Leaders. Hope your Dad make a speedy recovery. xx

Shabneez said...

Super card Jackie. Family comes first and we all rally around whenever a loved one is poorly. Hope your Dad is better soon and look after yourself. It's not easy I know. Sending Hugs, Shabneez x

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card Hackie. I also love owls and my house and garden has a lot of owl ornaments etc., sorry to hear you are up and down the M3 every day. Hope your dad is soon a lot better and can go home. Take care and don’t worry about the blog.

pam said...

Lovely card Jackie, hope your Dad gets better soon.
Hugs Pam x

Donna Ellis said...

Such a lovely creation, Jackie. I can hear the gently falling snow amidst the silence. It's magical! Hoping your family is soon back to good health. hugs, de

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Jackie. You're all in my prayers xoxo

Lori Kobular said...

Such a gorgeous scene on your card! I love the owl!!

Janice said...

A beautiful wintry scene Jackie, something I hope we don’t see too many of this Winter!
Janice x