Followers

Wednesday 18 July 2018

Sent with Love Gerberas and Butterflies

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? As some of you will know my dad has been taken ill and is in hospital. My mum needs a lot of help. The time I can spend blogging and creating is now very limited. I will do what I can to keep up with my commitments. I hope you will bear with me.

Beck to the card. A few weeks back I went to the Newbury Craft show. I knew John Lockwood would be there and I always take him some jelly babies and this time I decided to make him a card. I had just received some of his dies and I wanted to try them out.


This is not a big card. I cut the card blank and I was thrilled that the outer die from the Gerbera Corner Die set had a square die that cut a perfect mat that fitted the card blank perfectly. Then I cut two of the corners out of a paler card stock. 


I found a spotty card in my stash an I used that  to cut the Gerbera flowers. For the butterflies I cut a dark base for them. I found some paper that I had made using the shaving foam technique  and I used that to cut the detail of the butterflies. 


This sentiment comes with the small butterflies die set. I think it is going to be very useful. 


I think he liked the card I know he liked the jelly babies. 

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

I would like to enter the following challenges: 


Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

16 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just beautiful,lovely design and colour.xxx

Janet Packer said...

A gorgeous card Jackie, I'm sure John loved it.

Janette said...

Lovely card Jackie...xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful Jackie

Lori Kobular said...

Oh Jackie this card is gorgeous! Love the colors and the beautiful flowers!

Alison59 said...

Gorgeous card Jackie :-)

Prayers for your parents xx

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

karenlotty said...

A very pretty card using John’s dies I have a few of his Gerbera collection dies and use them a lot
I loved your paper pieces card yesterday too I get in a bit of a state trying to paper piece these stained glass window dies I will try using a sticky sheet next time and see if that helps

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, love the colour and wonderful design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, beautiful design x

brenda said...

Beautiful colours on such a pretty creation, many thanks for joining in with our 'Flowers all Over' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Kathleen said...

Lovely choice of colours and those flowers and dies look fabulous.
Thank you for joining our 'Flowers all over' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Littlelamb said...

A. beautiful card Jackie. I am sure John loved it. Hope your dad gets better soon. Take care.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful, Jackie. I love the colors xoxo

Shabneez said...

Beautiful floral card Jackie. Shabneez x

Mervi said...

Beautiful and lovely card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m