Followers

Wednesday 17 October 2018

My Husband's Christmas Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? I have been busy making Christmas cards again. The weather being the way it is has meant lots more time to craft.

Usually the first Christmas card I make is for my husband. This year with all the things going on I have only just got round to making it. Getting this done made a huge difference to how I am feeling about things. The card for our daughter and son-in-law is already made. Last week I managed to get lots of Christmas cards made with a Hunkydory kit that came free with the November issue of Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine.

I was very quick off the mark to get the Champagne Bottle die set from John Next Door. When I saw it demoed on TV I could see it had lots of potential.


So I used it to make a Christmas card for my hubby. The dies cut beautifully. I embossed the background and used some ribbon from my stash. The card is just a bit smaller than A4. The set comes with two dies that cut out stars. I have wanted dies to do this for ages and in fact I used them first on another card. I also cut some snowflakes in white to add texture to the background. 


I used John's sentiment on the label. 


I cut the wine glasses in silver mirror card and added red mirror card to look like red wine (it is his favourite). 


Here you can see the detail of the bottle. There are lots of dies in the set it has been well though out. I did use some number dies from my collection to add the date. 


Usually I post an off set picture of the card. I tried twice and for different reasons the photos  didn't work so I gave up.  I am pleased with how this card turned out. I have already made a birthday card with this die set it is going to be very useful. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

28 comments:

Wendy L said...

This is gorgeous Jackie, I knew this die of Johns would be very useful for many types of cards. xxx

Janice said...

Great card for your husband Jackie, the dies could be used for so many occasions.
Janice x

Janette said...

I think everyone agrees this would be a great die for so many occasions, lovely card Jackie...xx

Carole Pollard said...

Wonderful card he will just love it That's a great die it will be useful for so many occasions. Its dry here today finally so I'm going to attempt to tidy the garden loads of leaves after all the high winds Love and hugs Carole x

theboelemas@aol.com said...

This is fabulous. I love it. That die is a good size, I might need to invest. xxx

Evelyn said...

Such an elegant card! Thanks for sharing with us at The Merry Christmas Challenge Blog!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Ellibelle said...

What a great card for a Christmas celebration, thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Jackie, love the design and I am sure your husband will love this.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Judith said...

Wow you are organised! - fab card i'm sure your hubby will love it xx

pam said...

Fabulous Christmas card for your husband Jackie, that looks a very useful die set from John.
Hugs Pam x

Janet Packer said...

Another lovely card Jackie - perfect!

Emma Goddard said...

Stunning card Jackie, I love it, brilliant design xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

What a lovely card

Lori Kobular said...

Oh my goodness! I love this card! The bottle and glasses looks so real! Perfect card for your hubby!!

brenda said...

A really lovely creation for Hubby and perfect for our 'Christmas' theme at Allsorts challenge, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

Gwyneth said...

Great card, and I can see why you are so taken with your new die set. So much potential for cardscfor any celebration.
GG

Kathy said...

That die looks fab - and what a great card you've used it for!

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Great hubby card Jackie. I love how you decorated the label. Fabulous use of John's die set

Happy crafting....

June x

karenlotty said...

Great card I am very tempted to get the champagne bottle set of dies

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful!

Linda Mc Enery said...

What a beautiful card for your hubby, and a super set for your collection! I love the bottle! Your textures background is super too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Penny's!
Linda

Shabneez said...

Bet hubby will love it Jackie! Shabneez x

Carole said...

A fabulous card for your hubby, Jackie! Love the die set! xx

sendasmile4kids said...

Love how you used the mirror paper on your card. Wonderful die set which I am sure is going to be lovingly used for many occasions. Thanks for sharing your card with us over at The Merry Christmas Challenge.

Pat K said...

Fabulous card for your hubby Jackie. xx

CraftyLyn said...

Hi what a lovely card,thanks for joining us here at Penny's, Lyn DT x.

Herbaholic said...

That's a lovely card and very clever Jackie, I need to make Si an anniversary card before his Xmas one. I better get my skates on lol! Love & Hugs - Debs xxx

mum of two said...

Love it! Thanks so much for playing with us at The Merry Christmas Challenge. Hope to see you again soon :)


michelle (The Merry Christmas Challenge DT)
Purple Monkey Moments