Followers

Thursday 3 January 2019

Thank You with Flowers and Butterflies

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends

How is your week going? Are things back to normal for you now? Round here the children go back to school on Monday so they have a few more days to enjoy. My husband is back at work and I am slowly getting the house back to normal. I am hoping to have a big sort out this weekend. All the bits we have for Christmas have got a bit out of hand.

What do you need when you have had lots of lovely presents? Why thank you cards of course. So once I had got my craft desk sorted out after its Christmas move I was able to start crafting again.


I started by making a background with my Distress Oxides. I used watercolour card and lots of colours. I used lots of dies from the John Next Door range designed by John Lockwood. starting with  the stitched edge dies from the Snowflake background die set to make the two mats. I cut the Gerbera Square Frame die in dark purple. 


This thanks die  (from Crafter's Companoion)  cut from the waste  from  middle of the of the Square Frame die. 


I cut the flowers and leaves with the Gerbera Flower and Star Flowers dies all from a sheet of patterned pape with a white background. I changed the colour with Distress Ink. The butterflies were cut with the Small Butterfly die set. 


I did enjoy making this card. I need quite a few thank you cards so the rest will probably be a bit more simple. 

I would like to enter the following challenges: 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

19 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Jackie, love the flowers and beautiful papers.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a very beautiful and cheerful card Jackie
Gr Karin

ALI said...

Lovely card Jackie great flowers x

pam said...

Beautiful card Jackie, love the flowers.
hugs Pam x

Lori Kobular said...

Love those beautiful daisies on your card! Very sweet card!

Littlelamb said...

A lovely card Jackie. I have been using the Gerbera dies today and the butterflies but mine were for Birthday cards needed for next week. Have done the Thank You cards on my Cricut. Have a good weekend. Can’t believe it’s nearly the weekend again already.

DanyellScraps said...

WOW stunning cards!

Mrs A. said...

The flowers look so pretty die cut from the patterned paper. The blue and purple go really well together. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great card for butterfly challenge!! Well done indeedy! Must play more with oxides.
Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Jackie, I've joined your lovely blog hope you might join mine too. Shaz.X

jane stillman said...

A fabulous thank you card with gorgeous colours

Debbie Mageed said...

Very pretty! Love those beautiful daisies and the background is wonderful!! Thank you so much for playing in my "New Year, New Stash" challenge at Cardz 4 Galz and hope you will join us again soon.

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's stunning, Jackie! xoxo

Shabneez said...

Super floral card Jackie. My boys go back to school next week too so we've been enjoying the last few days. Shabneez x

Janice said...

Beautiful floral card Jackie, lovely colours.
Janice xx

Alizabethy said...

Loving your use of colour and shapes in this fab card!

Sue - said...

That is such a pretty card, love the colours! Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Galz.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Great thank you card

Gwyneth said...

So pretty. Thank you cards are often forgotten, but they are a great way to send a message of thanks.
GG