Followers

Monday 28 January 2019

Hunkydory Poppy Mother's Day Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How was your weekend? We really enjoyed the American Idiot musical we went to see on Friday. It really helped checking out the Green Day album before we went. Saturday was spent tidying and taking things to the tip. On Sunday we went to visit our parents. and helped both sets out with a few things.

At the moment I am not getting a lot of time to craft. So when I found a Hunkdory papercraft kit free with Papercraft Essentials magazine it was just what I needed. . One of the images and some of the papers featured poppies. My mother-in-law loves poppies. 


The backing paper is so pretty with its poppy border. I cut the corner lattice die from the Sandwich Box die set from John Next Door in gold mirror card to add interest to the corner. 


This the poppy topper from the kit. Now I did sick this down the wrong way round but I really don't think it makes too much difference. I added a small butterfly at the side. 


This is a Signature die I cut it once in red and once in white. The white shadow helped the die to show up against the lattice. 


With the same kit I made a very simple Mother's Day card for my Mum. It is very pretty I think she will like it. 


I know my Mother-in-law will like this card. There are lots of pretty images and papers left in the kit so I will be using it to make some more cards. 

I would like to enter the following challenges: 

Have a great week. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

25 comments:

jane stillman said...

They are both stunning and I'm sure they will both be loved

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are absolutely beautiful xoxo

Monica C. said...

Wow, beautiful cards Jackie!
Hugs
Monica

ALI said...

Gorgeous card, I do love the poppy one x

Katie said...

Lovely card

Linda Simpson said...

They are gorgeous, love poppies and your layout and embellishments are gorgeous too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So very beautiful. Lovely images and die cuts

Lori Kobular said...

Two gorgeous Mother's Day Cards! I love the poppies on your MIL's card! The softness of the colors on the card for you Mom is so lovely!

Janette said...

Hi Jackie, glad you enjoyed the show, always nice to ehar...
These are just beautiful, Hunkydory have some gorgeous papers and designs, I have had a couple of the monthly offers and they are so worth it, ..xx

Julie said...

Lovely card
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Pattern Paper Challenge
Julie T

Nataliascraft said...

Two gorgeous cards Jackie, love it xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeoussss Jackie
Gr Karin

Gwyneth said...

Both cards are gorgeous Jackie. Hunkydory items are so easy to work with and you've used them to great effect here.
GG

pam said...

Two gorgeous cards Jackie, love the beautiful flowers on both.
Hugs Pam x

Littlelamb said...

Two gorgeous cards Jackie. Love them both. Quiet weekend here. I did see this magazine in the Supermarket .

Janice said...

A lovely couple of floral cards Jackie.
Janice x

Kathy said...

These are lovely Jackie - such pretty papers and lovely colours

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful cards Jackie....love the poppies one...Joolsx

Laine said...

Stunning card Jackie. Beautiful images.
Laine
x

Stamping Bubbles said...

Stunning cards Jackie. The die you have used on the poppy card is gorgeous.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Jan said...

Beautiful cards Jackie xx Jan

Marianne's Craftroom said...

These poppies are gorgeous and rhe sentiment looks great

Shabneez said...

Beautiful cards Jackie - I find kits make for easy cards too. Shabneez x

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Stunning makes, poppies are my fave x

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely! Jackie, your poppy creation is a masterpiece! Loving the monochromatic colors, and soft papers! hugs, de