Followers

Saturday 16 March 2019

Butterfly Birthday Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How has your week been. I have had a quiet week and that has meant lots of crafting for me. I also discovered that I can walk to our local garden centre where they do a rather nice cup of coffee. It is a bit unusual for me to post on a Saturday but things are going to get crazy busy next week. Isn't life weird.

Well I was making Easter cards and the design I was making meant that there were circles of patterned paper left over. I kept looking at them thinking I should be able to make a card with those. This is that card.


So the patterned paper circles where the start. I made the card 7" x 7" so the circles would fit on. The patterned papers in the background were in my stash. 


I used the Double Pierced Circle dies, from Creative Expressions, to cut extra layers for the circles. This one is decorated with a butterfly cut with the Small Butterfly die set from John Next Door and a Happy Birthday die from Crafter's Companion. I love this die as you don't have to stick the dot on the i separately. 


This butterfly was cut with the Large Butterfly die set from John Next Door. I think these butterfly dies are my favourites. I used them a lot even though I have lots of butterfly dies. 


I was quite pleased with how this design worked out and that I was able to use those circles. 

I would like to enter the following challenges: 

Have a great weekend. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

26 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Another great card and loving this layout. Have a good weekend and stay dry it is pouring down here

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love to use the bits, xxxx

jane stillman said...

A fabulous card made with the left-overs

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Beautiful butterfly card Jackie. Great colours and layout. Have a good weekend. Michelle x

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card Jackie, what a great way to use up those paper pads we all have in our stash.

Sylv xx

Linda Simpson said...

I love this card Jackie, not only does it have my favourite colour but my favourite butterflies too. Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Monika said...

Lovely card!!! Love butterflies me!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Fabulous use of butterflies and circles, Jackie! Wonderful design! hugs, de

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
another fantastic way to use up scrapes of paper.
Love this wonderfu ldesign and those Butterflies are so pretty.
Sounds lovely that walk to the garden centre I wish I lived near one so I could walk there.
You can't beat a walk around a garden centre and a coffee and cake too is a bonus.
By the way what flowers did you use on my Birthday card they were so pretty and gorgeous.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautifullllll Jackie

gr karin

Linby said...

Very pretty - thanks for using your fave die for our challenge at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

brenda said...

Such a pretty design with the circles and Butterflies for our in favourites theme at Allsorts challenge this week, many thanks for joining in.

B x

pam said...

Wonderful card Jackie, great idea, love the butterflies.
Hugs Pam x

Kathleen said...

A great use of your left overs, lovely die and some lovely papers, Thank you for joining our 'Favourites' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card Jackie and a brilliant idea. Thank you.

Janette said...

A really pretty card Jackie you should be delighted with it...enjoy the garden center, so nice to visit..xxx

Monica C. said...

Lovely card, Jackie! I can see why you love those butterflies. They are so delicate and pretty.
Thank you for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.
Monica C. DT CWAA

Alizabethy said...

love your idea for using up all those bits and pieces - fab card!

karenlotty said...

I love your recent makes That bee die is gorgeous
This card is no exception I too, use JL butterflies a lot I am lucky enough to have both sets now

Judy V said...

Hi Jackie! Love your beautiful card!

ALI said...

Lovely Jackie, JND is my fav butterflies (dies) as well x

Katie said...

This is stunning

Mrs A. said...

Isn't it strange that even though we have several stamps of one type we always have a favourite that is our go to stamp. Mine is the Pipi butterfly stamp. This card is a great way Of using up the circles from your previous project and of course fits the butterfly challenge perfectly. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

Shabneez said...

Stunning card Jackie. I love butterflies. Shabneez x

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty xoxo

Janice said...

Pretty card Jackie, a lovely design.
Janice x