Followers

Monday 4 March 2019

Spring Daffodils

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How was your weekend? We had a lovely quiet day on Saturday. On Sunday we braved the bad weather and we met our daughter and son-in-law at Mottisfont (National Trust Property) to see the Norman Thelwell exhibition. It was really worth the effort the exhibition is fabulous. I didn't realise that Thelwell lived near Mottisfont and he did many paintings of the the local area. Of course there were original paintings of his cartoons. I do recommend this exhibition. It is on until the 22nd April we are hoping to go back sometime.

When we had our quiet day on Saturday I actually did some crafting. My husband was sorting out my parents filing and I wasn't needed. So I started by cutting daffodils with the Altenew Layered Daffodil Die Collection from issue 188 of Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine. I even had time to make them into a card.


I spent quite a long time finding card in my Snippets pile to make the daffodils and the leaves. The backing paper came from my Snippets pile too. 


The dies cut beautifully and are very easy to put together. 


I wanted to make a vase for the daffodils to sit in. I looked all through my dies and I came to the Bottle die set from John Next Door. So this vase is cut with the bottle die. I had some embossed card in my stash and I cut off the top of the bottle. I added a sentiment cut with a Creative Expressions die. 


I do love daffodils they are so bright and vibrant after a long grey winter. I often have a bunch in the house at this time of year. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Have a great week

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

29 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is beautiful Jackie
Gr Karin

Aunty Sue said...

What a lovely card Jackie perfect for March. Have a good day

meg said...

This was a beautiful free die with last months magazine, love the shades of yellow and green you used, beautiful card, thank you for joining in at MMM.

Wendy L said...

It is a pretty card Jackie. Nice to have some alone time too. Xxxx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

I see we both got issue 188 Jackie...Beautiful card....Joolsx

Laine said...

Such pretty die cuts and lovely papers Jackie. Perfect for this time of year.
Laine
x

Janette said...

Beautiful Spring like card jackie, so pretty..Glad you enjoyed your weekedn because the weather was a complete washout. Not to worry, soon be Spring.xx

brenda said...

WHat better season than Spring with those lovely fresh zingy colours Jackie, thanks so much for joining in our 'Seasons theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Gwyneth said...

Absolutely gorgeous daffodil card. They look great presented in the vase like that. A definite sign of spring. And they are in full bloom in our graden now as well.
GG

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful, loving the daffodils, a wonderful Easter card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful, loving the daffodils, a wonderful Easter card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So very pretty, great die cut

pam said...

Beautiful card Jackie, love those Daffs.
Hugs Pam x

ALI said...

Lovelt Daff, I saw the mag today and resisted x

Littlelamb said...

A beautiful card Jackie. Love the daffodils. Mine have lasted a week. Need to buy some more tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Di said...

What a beautiful card Jackie! The daffodils look so intricate and also very lifelike - wonderful work. I love daffodils, a sure sign of Spring.

Hugs

Di xx

Rose Andrew said...

Gorgeous card and love the daffodils ��
Have a good day.
Hugs
Rose

Susan Renshaw said...

Clever use of snippets!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge!
Susan
DT for Patterned Paper Challenge
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Sharon Smith said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, i love spring flowers too.
I must have missed this episode of the magazine, will have to see if any of the craft stores have it in stock.

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Jackie. The daffodils are so pretty and make a lovely Easter card. xx

Tracy Welham said...

Stunning Jackie. It was worth hunting through your snippets box as the colours are perfect. Creative Blessings Tracy x

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Jackie … what a lovely springie daf card … just love that Altenew Layered Daffodil Die … I love dafs … I have a vase full of tulips tho at the moment so no room for the dafs … hope all is well and hope you enjoy your pancakes tonight … happy crafting and love sandy xx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love the spring colours, so refreshing

Happy crafting....

June x

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie Mageed said...

WOW!! I really love your daffodil card - they are beautiful! The gingham background really makes them pop. Thank you for playing with us at Make My Monday and hope you can join us again soon.

Mervi said...

Gorgeous Easter card, pretty diecuts and design.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Shabneez said...

Beautiful daffodils Jackie! Shabneez x

Carole J said...

Gorgeous daffodils, Jackie. Love it on the blue gingham background! xx