Followers

Saturday 11 September 2021

Two Jays Penguins Christmas Cards and a Birthday Card

 Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope you have had a good week. I am not posting on my blog so often. There is a lot going on. My parents both have advanced dementia. They are both at home with the support of a live in carer. As time goes on I am having to do more and more. I have decided that I am going to have a social media break for a little while. I will schedule some blog posts but that is all that will happen for a while. I will see how I feel after a break. 

On Sunday Crafts-Too is celebrating its 22nd Birthday. John Lockwood has two hours of shows on the Craft Store to celebrate. For these shows I got to work with some very cute stamps for these shows. 


Here is a CAS birthday card. These cute little stamps aren't just for Christmas. 


I made another box card. I stamped two sets of penguins for this card. 

I drew the background for these penguins. All the colouring was done with my Faber Castell Polychromo pencils. 

This is a Pop-Up Stepper card. The card lays flat for posting, 


Here are all my penguin makes together. Our daughter loves penguins. I am going to use these stamps to make a Christmas card for her. 

Have a good weekend. 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie
Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

17 comments:

Janette said...

I am so sad to read about your troubles Jackie, its so very hard, my heart goes out to you and I do hope you will find a way back to blog land at some point.
Your cards are gorgeous, very cute and I love the pop up box.
Take care.xxxx

Anonymous said...

Love the cards you make. So sorry to hear your news but totally understand that family come first. Sending you a hug. WakeyL

crafty-stamper said...

Sorry to read about your parents,it is very hard but make sure you have some "me" time too.Love the really cute penguins and great pop-up stepper card,the box of penguins is brilliant!
Carol x

sandy's crafty bits said...

Hi Jackie love your super ittle cards... I just love those little penguins and love what you have done with them ... so very sorry 😞 to hear that you are having problems with your mum and dad and as I have been there and know how hard it is but I didn't have them " poorly" at the same time so i can really sympathise with you ... hope you can get some "you" time and hope to see you back in blogland soon ... take it slow and look after yourself maybe we can get together for that coffee one day love sandy XOXO ❤

JD/ Jill said...

So sorry to hear the news...
All your cards are just awesome. I hope you get the help that you will need too. Take care.

Littlelamb said...

Hi Jackie. Lovely set of cards you have made. Sorry to hear about your parents. It’s not easy is it. Take care and stay safe and make sure you have some ‘me’ time when you can.x🤗

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Just stunning

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous cards Jackie great job
Gr Karin

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jackie, I'm so sorry o hear of your parents condition, such an awful and heartbreaking disease, but you have to do what you have to do and family comes first. I hope you find time for yourself though...so important.
Your cards are fabulous, love penguins and the designs are wonderful, take care, Kate x

karenlotty said...

Take care Jackie Not easy having somebody with Alzheimer’s I know

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh hunnie they are fabulous, I just love these penguins! Think they might find their way to my house in the very near future lol
Enjoy your break
Hugs Shell xx

Wendy L said...

They all look wonderful Jackie, xx

pam said...

Beautiful work Jackie, so sorry to hear of your family troubles, you must be pulled in all directions..take care.
Hugs Pam x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creative and gorgeous colours. xx
Sorry to read of your parents, life can be hard and we need to do what is necessary...hugs

Tracy Welham said...

So sorry to hear of your difficulties. My grandmother had dementia and it was very difficult for my dad and his siblings. It's important that you take care of your self too. These are lovely cards. One of my friends adores penguins, so it's nice to see a penguin card that isn't a Christmas card. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Em Louise Fairley said...

So cute. Hugs xoxo

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

I'm so sorry to hear your news Jackie, thinking of you and I hope you manage to get some time for you too x. These cards are adorable. Loving the pop up card. Take care lovely Michelle x