Followers

Tuesday 28 August 2018

Forever Friends Christmas card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends

How is your week going? Did you have a good weekend? It was certainly good having the extra day. It is a shame it rained so much on Sunday. A quick update on my parents there has been no further talk of stopping the carers going in. This is a huge relief I am sure there will be more hurdles to overcome. My parents can no longer cope on their own they really do need the help. I don't want to find my dad like he was back in the summer.

I would like to say thank you for the messages of support that I have received about my parents. I know so many of you understand.

I have been looking through my files for cards to share. As you know I stepped down from a few design teams and I am having a break from two others. I am struggling to make anything at the moment. I hope things will be a bit more settled when we get back from a short break.


Before everything happened with my parents I was getting on well with making my Christmas cards. I found the image in my stash I have had it for ages. I added trees cut with the Winter Tree dies from Creative Expressions. 


I do like the Forever Friends bears they are very cute. 


This is a Creative Expressions Santa die it comes with two reindeer. I just cut extra and add them. 


I found the sentiment in my stash too. Some of my stash I have had for ages. At the moment while I am not really crafting I am trying not to buy any new crafty bits.  


Here is the finished card. The papers I used were in my stash too. One of these days I will have a proper tidy up. 

Enjoy the rest of the week. 

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

21 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

very sweet Jackie

gr karin

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card, love the sweet image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

pam said...

Gorgeous card Jackie.
Hugs Pam x

Tracy Welham said...

This is such a sweet card Jackie. I'm glad the care is continuing for your parents, trying to sort this can put such a strain on a family. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

ALI said...

Gorgeous card Jackie. Good news with the continuing care for your parents x

Littlelamb said...

A gorgeous card Jackie. Pleased to hear that your parents are continuing with care. Hope you have a good break.

Stamping Bubbles said...

Cute card Jackie, I love Forever Friends images too. I am glad things are more positive for your parents. Good thing about craft supplies - they never go off and will be waiting for you when you are able to crafty once again.
Big hugs
Lesley

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

great christmas card with such a cute image.love thay bear

Laine said...

Such a pretty festive card Jackie. Glad everything is a bit more settled with your parents.
Laine
x

Janice said...

Super card Jackie, love that image!
Janice x

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, glad to hear about your parents..x

Carole Pollard said...

Loving this Jackie such a great Christmas design I'm so pleased you have got some care at last for your parents it will be a huge relief for the family Take care sending love Carole x

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
I do hope things keep on an upward move with your parents.
Such a very worrying time for you.
When my Dad had problems I lived so far away and my Sister was n Angel and did it all just like you.
I love your wonderful card and the super fab design.
The for ever friends bear is so cute and I love the prancing sligh and reindeers die cut.
Such beautiful winter trees also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Jackie.
Hugs,
Em xoxo

Gwyneth said...

I'm glad to gear that your parents have stopped talking about getting rid of their care package. Hope the care company know to contact you if at any time they are told that their help is not required. Hopefully you will feel more settled in yourself and feel more up to crafting as you begin to relax - it really is a good thing to take your mind off stressfull situations for a while. Not having DT deadlines is probably a good thing at the moment. That way you can just pick up crafting when you feel like it, perhaps going through all your crafting stash an re-starting using old favourites. Then, when you feel like it you can get backon DTs.
This card is lovely with you. You bring many different elements together so well.
GG

Shabneez said...

A beautiful card Jackie - you take care of yourself and I'm so pleased your parents are happy with their care package. Shabneez x

Kate M said...

Thats good news on the parent front Jackie - I know it can be so worrying!.
This card is super - love how you have put it together, and am glad to hear others are using stuff from their stash!! I too have loads!!
I hope that once your parents are settled your mojo will return too!!
Chin up - hugs
Kate
xx

ALI said...

Lovely card Jackie x

Lori Kobular said...

Awesome Christmas card! I love that Teddy Bear and Santa and his reindeer! That bird looking up so cute too!

Donna Ellis said...

I’m sorry Life is throwing curveballs right now, but hope things are soon looking up for you, Jackie. Your card is both beautiful and sweet! Hugs, de

Di said...

Oh Jackie - this is adorable! Parsnip is in lurve :) Glad things are settling down with your parents, I'm afraid I just haven't been keeping up to date with much more than commenting on the Playground due to one thing and another. Hope things saty on a more even keep for you! And it's lovely to see you playing along with us!

Hugs

Di xx