Followers

Wednesday 29 May 2019

A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

How is your week going? Yesterday a lovely friend took me out for the day. Unfortunately I ended up with a really bad headache. I had to come home early and our evening plans were cancelled. I think the headache was a reaction to all the stress there has been lately. My mum is now home and she will be living upstairs. I am not sure if it is because of the dementia but she sleeps a lot.

Last week when I was making the wedding card with  Butterfly Heart die set, from the John Next Door range from Crafts Too, I couldn't believe just how many beautiful butterflies there were that came away from the die. So being me the WASTE had to be made into a card.


I used my Hougie board to emboss the background. 


I went a bit mad cutting more butterflies to add to the ones I already had. 


This is a Crafter's Companion die. 


There you have it quite a simple card to make. I couldn't let those butterflies go to waste. 

I would like to enter the following challenges: 

Enjoy the rest of the week 


Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

21 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
what a very clever way to use those Butterflies.
All the lovely coloured butterflies are gorgeous.
Such a lovely card to receive too.
Very summery looking as well.
Hope your headache is better now as you said it must be stress.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Lori Kobular said...

Love the embossed rays behind all those gorgeous butterflies! Beautifully done!

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Jackie, love the beautiful kaleidoscope of butterflies.
Hugs
Linda xxx

ALI said...

Lovely and colourful.

Monika said...

Wow! Soooo cute!

Stamping Bubbles said...

Such a pretty card Jackie - not waste at all.
I do hope you are feeling much better now.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Dawn said...

I love using up waste & you have really rocked it here Jackie!
Sorry to hear you had to leae your lunch ealy & miss your evening plans!
Hopefully you'll feel less stressed soon!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Littlelamb said...

Lovely card Jackie. Brilliant idea. Hope you are feeling better now. Hope your mum and dad manage ok. Take care.

Mrs A. said...

I have that die too and was surprised at how many butterflies there were too. As you say waste not want not. You have made a delightful card here with them. Hugs Mrs A.

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful and colourful Jackie
Gr Karin

Janice said...

Great way to use up all the ‘leftovers’, a really pretty card.
Janice x

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful, Jackie xoxo

Katie said...

Beautiful card and colours

Wendy L said...

Love butterflies, so gorgeous, xxs

Janette said...

Hi Jackie, sorry I have missed some of your gorgeous creations, I have been off line for a week and so glad to be back. This is a beauty.xx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Great card Jackie using the 'left-overs' and so colourful

June x

Shabneez said...

Love it! Shabneez x

Di said...

What a fabulous card Jackie! I adore all those butterflies, which reminds me that I have a couple of dies coming up soon as a prize and one is teeny little butterflies! Oopsie - let the cat out of the bag there!

I'm sure your headache will be stress induced and it's not surprising. I hope that life settles down for you soon. Your Mum is so lucky to have you.

Sorry I'm a bit late commenting!

Hugs

Di xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Loving this card with the butterflies, great design

Kathy said...

Been a bit MIA - a little trip away and busy with family stuff too, so now trying to catch up with my favourite crafting friends!
What a joy this card is, all those lovely butterflies - you brought colour to a rather dull old day today, Jackie!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Such a pretty butterfly card with all the different textures and patterns for each. Really like the dimension on the wings too, very effective. Hope you are feeling better. Michelle x