Followers

Friday 31 May 2019

Exploding Box Nautical Themed Birthday Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope you have had a good week and are ready for the weekend. Now my mum is out of hospital and the carers are all in place we can have a weekend off. On Saturday our good friend is having a birthday tea at home and we are helping. She is going to be 60 and she has 60 guests coming. On Sunday we will be celebrating our daughter's birthday which was earlier in the week. We are having a trip to Marwell Zoo which is near where we live. It should be a good weekend full of fun.

My father-in-law loves the cards that I make. So I do like to make something a bit special for him. I thought I would have go at making an exploding box card.


I found the instructions for an exploding box card in one of my Hougie Board books. I did make the lid a bit bigger as I do like my layers. 


I used papers and dies that suited the theme. 


Now I made a film of opening the box. It is a very short film and it may not work. 


I decorated some of the inner flaps with nautical dies. 


Here is the another decorated panel. 


The ship in the centre is a Tattered Lace die. It only just fits in the box. 


Here is the box and lid. I know he will love this card. I would like to make a card like this for my husband's birthday. This was a good practice. 

I would like to enter the following Challenges: 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

26 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This must have taken ages, looks fabulous. Have a fun weekend

Aunty Sue said...

wow this is stunning love the ship and great project again have a fab weekend

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Jackie and beautiful made
Gr Karin

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Your explosion box is fabulous! That ship inside is such a beautiful surprise, and I love the papers and all the nautical-themed die cuts. Absolutely beautiful. He'll love it!

Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Birthday challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Sian said...

This is brilliant. I love your ship in the middle. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian (DT).

Katie said...

Fabulous

Rose Andrew said...

What a Fabulous & awesome card ! Love all the details . Have a fabulous weekend as well.
Take care rose

Linda Simpson said...

WOW this is fabulous!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow that's just stunning. One time on a vacation my hostess wanted me to treat her to make an exploding box

Gwyneth said...

This is stunning Jackie. So much detail. Must have taken ages to cut ecerythibg and construct.
GG

Jenny L said...

Hi Jackie,
what a very stunning make and such a love theme too.
I love everthing about this it is gorgeous and perfectly created as ell.
He is going to love it.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Littlelamb said...

This is a stunning exploding box Jackie. Love it. Hope you have a good weekend and enjoy the party.

karenlotty said...

Brilliant! I love it
I am glad your mum is out of hospital and now that the care package is in place I hope you can relax a bit
Enjoy the party

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Good to hear mum is out of the hospital and care is in place Jackie

I love your exploding box, the multi layers are spot on

Enjoy your busy weekend

June x

Shabneez said...

Stunning creation Jackie! Shabneez x

Jackie C said...

Jackie this is a MASTERPIECE! This has come together beautifully! Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious. Good luck and we all hope to see you and your wonderful creations again! Jackie DT member.

sarascloset said...

Who wouldn't love a birthday surprise like this! Fabulous project! Hugs! Sara Emily

Angelnorth said...

Great box card, love the nautical theme and the sailing ship in the centre is just lovely, I'm sure he'll be thrilled with this! Thanks for joining us at Daring Cardmakers this week!

Miri said...

Wow! A great idea and a lovely gift for your father-in-law.
Thanks for sharing your exploding box with the Daring Cardmakers.

Jan said...

I love this Jackie xx Jan

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Wow! Fabulous exploding box card. I love this style of card, they are great to make and receive and bet your father-in-law loved it too.
Michelle x

Svenja said...

Beautiful!

Gerda said...

WOW!!! What a awesome project!! Love the pretty papers you used!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda

Janice said...

A fabulous project Jackie, so much detail!
Janice x

Carole J said...

Jackie, this is fabulous! The ship in the centre of the box is gorgeous and the layering on the box flaps are just lovely! xx

Melanie said...

A gorgeous box!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional blue” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)



PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…