Followers

Monday 21 October 2019

Beatles Concertina Birthday Card

Hello My Crafty Blog Friends and Visitors

I hope you have had a great weekend and are ready for the week ahead. We had an amazing time in London with our friends. We were there to see a Bootleg Beatles concert at the Royal Albert Hall with the Liverpool Philharmonic orchestra. The concert was just amazing and suited the venue beautifully. While in London we managed to fit in: a Beatles themed walking tour, a London by night bus ride and  a trip to see The Play that Goes Wrong. There were lots of meals and coffee too,  as well as the odd gin and tonic.

We met up with my cousin and her partner at the Royal Albert Hall she was there at the concert for her birthday. A group of 8 of us shared a meal at the Verdi Italian Restaurant which is in the Royal Albert Hall. Well I had to make my cousin a card and it needed  to be small and compact.


I decided to make a concertina card. Of course I had to use the Vera Lane Studios Beatles images again. The backing paper is a picture of a wall here at home and the words that come with the images were added over the top and changed to be white to look like graffiti.  


This is the outside of the card. It just needed to say Happy Birthday. 


Then the card opens like this. The finished card is small when folded ad fits nicely in a hand bag. 


George. 


John


Paul


Ringo


I was pleased with this card. My cousin liked it a lot and it did fit in her handbag. It was such a good evening I want to do it all again.

Have a great week. 

I would like to enter the following challenges: 

Happy Crafting

Hugs Jackie

Please follow my blog with Bloglovin

16 comments:

Janette said...

Fabulous card Jackie, so glad you had a good weekend.xx

ALI said...

Glad you enjoyed it and love what you made for your cousin x

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

A fabulous card Jackie, ideal for your cousin, whom I'm sure will treasure it

Good to hear you've had a very busy and enjoyable weekend

June :)

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card, love the Beatles. So please you had a good weekend even though it was busy.
Hugs
Linda xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and greeat card Jackie
Gr Karin

Elaine Stark said...

A fabulous card. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

Gwyneth said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend. Your card looks fantastic as well.
GG

Littlelamb said...

Brilliant card Jackie. so pleased you enjoyed your few days in a London.

Alison59 said...

Lovely card Jackie; glad you had a great time and enjoyed beautiful London :-)

Em Louise Fairley said...

Great card, Jackie xoxo

pam said...

Fabulous card Jackie,great design.
Pam x

Mrs A. said...

What a fabulous idea to take a photo of a brick wall for your background. Absolutely perfect. Hugs Mrs A.

Janice said...

Great idea for a card Jackie!
Janice x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Love your Beatles card Jackie and a great brick background too. Michelle x

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness, Jackie! This is absolutely amazing! My Son-in-law is the biggest Beattles fan and I'll have to show him this card for smiles! He just went to see Rain (spelling?) which is the group that does a take at the Beattles and sounds much like them! Love your creativity -- and I see we have many of the same friends! new follower!

Mimi said...

OH WOW this is such a brilliant creation and I love the way you have done the wall, couldn't be more perfect. I bet you friend totally fell in love with this card :) Thank you so much for joining us at I ❤️Promarkers this fortnight. Hugs Mimi x